Manufacturing Technician B - 2nd shift
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Production Technician - 2nd Shift
Job Code: CS20211101-54902
Job Location: Londonderry, NH
The Production Technician will provide support to the production line with unit alignment, assembly, and test in a cleanroom environment
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assemble, align, and test, systems, components and subassemblies following specified work instructions and procedures to ensure finished product meets established operational and cosmetic requirements
- Working knowledge of electronic, optical and mechanical assemblies
- Performs basic computer activities with programs provided
- Identifies, utilizes, and performs preventive maintenance on tools and test equipment.
- Demonstrate comprehension of engineering prints and schematics.
- Reports deviations from standard to appropriate resource for review, instruction and authorization and obtains quality inspection when appropriate
- Supports Lean manufacturing efforts through continuous process improvement
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures
- Applies considerable math skills to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Cultivates a culture that assures effective cross functional team work
- Performs job duties in a manner that complies with environmental, health and safety regulations, policies and procedures
- Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values
- Consistently at work and on-time
- Participates in a variety of meetings, committees and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve issues and maintains specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies
- All other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years’+ related manufacturing experience
- Computer skills required (Excel, Word); LabView program preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency at operating 25%-50% of work stations as documented by training records
- Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares knowledge with others
- Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; asks for and offers help when needed; offers assistance and support to co-workers
- Conflict Resolution - Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Change Management - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance
- Dependability - Follows instructions; policies and procedures, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals, displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions; keeps others adequately informed
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality while meeting productivity standards; promotes customer focus
SCOPE AND INFLUENCE
Considerable knowledge on the job. Substantial acquaintance with and understanding of general aspects of the job with a broad understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
General supervision and instructions given for routine work, and detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
Consequence of Errors
Errors may be detected and corrected but may cause moderate loss of time or customer dissatisfaction.
Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own organization. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND HEALTH AND SAFETY
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.