Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Incoming Mechanical Inspector
Londonderry, New HampshireJob ID CS20212411-73305
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Inspection C
Job Code: CS20212411-73305
Job Location: Londonderry, NH
L3Harris Integrated Vision Solutions is a world leader in the development and production of advanced night vision and electro-optical systems and components, and supports all branches of the United States Military, law enforcement, first responder agencies, allied nations, and consumers. Our Londonderry, New Hampshire location is seeking a Receiving Inspector.
This position is responsible for the receiving inspection of purchased components, materials and contract manufactured products to ensure the products meet their approved specification or other contractual requirements.
- Perform precision mechanical inspections from dimensioned drawings using calipers, micrometers, surface plate, height gages, gage blocks, gage pins, optical comparator, toolmakers microscope, coordinate measuring machine, and other standard inspection equipment.
- Perform visual inspections of electronic assemblies using microscopes & magnifiers.
- Perform first article inspections and generate reports when required.
- Communicate discrepant findings verbally and via written discrepancy reports to Supplier Quality Engineers/Technicians (SQE/SQT).
- When required perform source inspection at local suppliers.
- Accurately maintain records and documents in accordance with policies and procedures
- Identify risks or wastes within inspection plans. Make recommendations for improvement to supervisor or SQE/SQT.
- Identify equipment needs for jobs requiring new or custom metrology tools.
- Identify Dock to Stock (DTS) candidates per established procedures. Present nominations to SQE/SQT.
- Interact with buyers, planners, design engineers, manufacturing engineers, quality engineers and program leadership when required.
- High School education or equivalent.
- A minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience in various commodities including but not limited to; machined, casted and molded components, PCB and electronic assemblies, optical components and assemblies.
- 2-3 years of Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) operating and programming utilizing PCDMIS is a must.
- Comprehensive understanding of ANSI/ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances.
- Proficient in shop math to determine conformance to specifications and prints.
- Proficient experience with inspection/test equipment (ex. Caliper, Micrometer, Thread Gauges, Optical Comparator, Drop Indicator Etc…)
- Certified Mechanical Inspector (CMI) and IPC certification in electronic assemblies preferred.
- Optics inspection, lenses, coating, prisms etc... is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Ability to multi task and proficient with time management.
- Experience working with material procurement systems is preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software.
- Possess ISO 9001 or equivalent QMS knowledge.
- Must possess high ethical standards.
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment with limited supervision.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Motivated and disciplined with a strong desire to succeed, learn, and drive positive change.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.