Londonderry, New HampshireJob ID CS20212303-58521
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Group Leader - 1st Shift
Job Location: USA-NH-Londonderry
Requsition ID: CS20212303-58521
- Understand and maintain commitments to production plan.
- Develop daily targets and clearly communicate plan to all subordinates and team members.
- Monitor daily throughput and address any shortfalls to daily production plan.
- Update and maintain Andon Board, attend daily production standup.
- Monitor and communicate yields throughout all processes under your control to Operations Leader, Manufacturing Engineer and Quality Engineer.
- Lead as subject matter expert for area of responsibility through complete understanding of all operations, work instructions, test, capacity, and labor requirements
- Ensure all subordinates are properly trained and certified, work with Manufacturing Engineers to provide proper training and inform Operations Leader of any performance/issues.
- Conduct a daily walkthrough inspecting all work areas for cleanliness. Identify any issues, concerns or areas for improvement and work with team to resolve. Assist team in 5S and FOD protocols, be exemplary role model.
- Continually review and enforce the use and maintenance of work instructions, routers, logs, scrap tickets, training matrix, calibration requirements and company procedures.
- Ensure all required materials are available and inform material handler and Operations Leader of any shortfalls.
- Assess and fill out scrap tickets daily for processing, communicate with team to obtain required signatures.
- Maintain and make readily available production chemicals and stockroom supplies used during build.
- Prep for cycle count/inventory per Operations Leader direction.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others even in a demanding environment
- Quality conscious with a great attention to deal
- Positive attitude, proactive approach and flexible with changes in production
- Dependable attendance history
- Overtime when required
- Computer skills required (Costpoint, Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, Scanning Document, etc.)
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.