Engineering Technician B
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Engineering Technician B
Job Location – Londonderry, NH
Job Code – CS20212303-58510
The successful candidate will support 1st shift manufacturing processes in the production of complex electro optical systems within a fast paced manufacturing environment. The candidate will also apply troubleshooting skills to provide day-to-day technical support to active production lines. The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop and evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
- Manage continuous improvement activities to improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Disposition production floor defects and implement corrective action.
- Calibrate and maintain test and production equipment.
- Perform root cause analysis of technical issues and provide containment and corrective actions recommendations to production team.
- Work with inspection and vendors to assure component specification compliance.
- Support engineering to production transition efforts for new products.
- Train production and technician staff as required.
- Associates degree or military experience or equivalent in Optical, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 3-5 years of related experience required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Hands-on experience with assembly and test of electro-mechanical and electro-optical systems.
- Working knowledge of laboratory equipment including oscilloscopes, power meters, and laser beam analyzers.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical wiring diagrams.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.