Digital Design Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Digital Design Engineer
Job Location – USA-NH-Londonderry
Job ID – CS20210501-54700
L3Harris Integrated Vision Solutions Londonderry, a leading designer and manufacturer of laser, night vision and electro-optic devices is seeking a Digital Design Engineer to pursue a career in a fast paced company where new designs become production reality. As a member of our new product development staff, you will become a recognized contributor with product responsibility for the development of modern military electronic hardware. A variety of mixed signal, microcontroller, and DSP/FPGA qualifications will be required to bring projects from concept to production.
Job responsibilities include:
- Developing FPGA VHDL code for Xilinx/Altera/Other platforms
- Developing top level testbenchs for simulating and verifying design architecture
- Designing and developing image and video processing algorithms and protocols.
- Implementing vendor specific and 3rd party IP
- Defining and developing hardware / software interfaces
- Writing digital design specifications / ICDs
- Post-design support and troubleshooting with using oscilloscopes, logic/spectrum analyzers and other test equipment
- Collaborating with a cross discipline team of mechanical, optical, software, digital and analog designers
- BSEE degree or equivalent
- 6 plus years HW development experience in an aerospace, defense or medical product environments
- Knowledge and experience in FPGA design using VHDL or Verilog with a minimum of 4 years proven track record of successful advanced digital designs
- Experience with version control tools and methods
- Working knowledge of ModelSim or equivalent simulation tool for design verification testing required
- Direct experience interfacing with microcontrollers and/or knowledge of embedded processor implementations
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Knowledge of design architecture tradeoffs for size, weight, power and cost (SWaPC) preferably for EO
- Experience with high-speed data communication considered a significant plus
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.