Assoc, Test Electrical Engr (New Grad - Londonderry, NH)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Test Electrical Engineer (New Grad – Londonderry, NH)
Job Code: CS20211301-55004
Job Location: Londonderry, NH
- Determine design approaches and parameters
- Perform system analysis to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Utilize modeling tools and equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests, and evaluate results
- Select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability
- Perform simulations and present design reviews to peer engineers
- Write scripts to control synthesis and build tools
- Test and debug of analog / digital circuit boards including power conversion, front end sensor circuits, ADC / DAC
- Build or rework electrical circuit boards including soldering fine pitched components and white wires
- Create test setups using oscilloscopes, logic/spectrum analyzers, DVMs and power supplies
- Make design recommendations on prototypes and product
- Design and fabricate tooling to assist in the testing of prototype electrical design
- Program prototype designs with firmware and software
- Collaborating with staff and engineers to meet project milestones
- Assist with EMI/EMC testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Materials Engineering, Materials Science Engineering or related field
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
ASEE and/or pursuing a BSEE or BSEET
- Previous experience in an defense, aerospace or medical product environment considered a significant plus
- Ability to read and understand schematic and assembly drawings
- Debug and troubleshooting skills with solid hands-on lab experience using oscilloscopes, logic/spectrum analyzers and other test equipment required
- Ability to articulate and document test results for other members of the project team
- Ability to work from and with multi-disciplinary engineering input
- A working knowledge of OrCAD considered a significant plus
- Excellent communication skills necessary
- IPC soldering certification required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.