Senior Quality Assurance/Automation Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Senior Quality Assurance/Automation Engineer
Job Location – Piccadilly Circus, London, UK
Job ID – SAS20211101-54901
About the role:
We have created an exciting new Senior Quality Assurance/Automation Engineer role to join our specialist team in London. We are seeking a highly qualified specialist whose primary responsibility is to ensure QA compliance across all customer deliverables by identifying and managing risks, developing new test methods, and conducting tests during development and before product releases. The Senior QA/Automation Engineer will effectively solve the most complex tasks using the most appropriate technology and will be highly effective at automating repeatable and reliable tests. They will apply their specialist knowledge to achieve anticipated results.
Our L3Harris business unit in London are a custom software development company with locations in Australia, Canada, UK and the USA. We service corporate and government clients globally. Founded in 2007, our particular expertise centers on cross-platform and low-level systems development as well as IT security services.
Our focus is on developing custom software systems and applications, particularly those in constrained or multi-platform environments. We design and develop end-to-end solutions based on client requirements.
The successful candidate must be able to work primarily in the London office – remote working is possible but the expectation is the majority of the time will be spent in the office.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Meeting with the software/product owners to determine quality assurance parameters.
- Designing and implementing QA procedures to ensure effective test coverage.
- Apply, design and develop automated testing strategies and build automated testing frameworks for assigned products
- Manage, maintain and enhance the suite of automated tests for the assigned products and applications
- Support, maintain and enhance the test automation execution environment and tooling (i.e. make them faster, more flexible and easier to use); monitor automation metrics.
- Support co-workers in their adoption, utilisation and expansion of testing and test automation; run pilots to ensure that the automation solution can achieve the planned benefits and fits with existing processes.
- Review daily test results from nightly automation runs to ensure that any bugs are raised from failed tests
- Execute QA tests using scripts that automatically test functionality; identify bugs and quality issues in development, service or business processes.
- Drive an automation led approach for Unit, System and SIT across client projects, and contribute to platform integration and performance tests
- Drafting and reviewing of testing documents; test reports, test plans, test procedures
- Ensure that user/stakeholder expectations are met during the testing process.
- Troubleshoot quality issues and modify test procedures in response to customer complaints and product issues. Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are fixed
- Drive continuous improvement, recommending and implementing enhancements to test processes and procedures.
- Providing input to training materials and operating guides.
- Responding to requests from the development team and management.
- Mentor less experienced team members to increase their effectiveness.
- Ensure test environments are maintained to maximise availability.
- Assist in trialling, implementing and running test automation solutions
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives implementing enhancements to test processes and procedures.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/IT or equivalent work experience.
- Expert knowledge and experience in application testing, test development, test automation approaches and techniques with a track record of successful product delivery
- Proven application testing experience across a range of platforms including Linux, Windows, Android and iOS.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in setting up automation frameworks and automated functional testing tools
- Scripting and automation with Python, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, PowerShell or similar with specific experience in continuous integration and deployment.
- Knowledgeable in OS concepts - virtualisation (VMWare, Hypervisor), containerisation (e.g Docker, Portainer), file systems, memory/storage, process management, files, threads and concurrency
- Experienced in Shell scripting in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Experience with web server architectures, management, and associated protocols.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking and associated analysis tooling.
- Experienced with Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence
- Familiar with common test automation systems and frameworks
- Experience with common mobile device testing tools (e.g Appium, Selenium)
- Familiar with CI/CD and associated automation tools.
- Management of continuous integration servers such as Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab, TeamCity, etc
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work directly with stakeholders during project integration phases.
- Superior technical writing skills including ability to produce detailed test documentation and associated test artefacts.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Proactivity and willingness to take responsibility.
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level or equivalent test process training desirable.
- ISTQB Tester Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer or equivalent test process training desirable.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.