Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Cyber Software Engineer Industrial Placement Student
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Cyber Software Engineer Industrial Placement Student
12 months fixed term, Sept 2022 - Sept 2023 (approx.)
Job Location – Piccadilly Circus, London, UK
Job ID – SAS20211511-72693
Your next role
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and enhance your skills as a Cyber Security Software Engineer in a dynamic industry that is constantly developing and delivering innovative, next-generation capabilities? At L3Harris, you can make a difference by joining our Cyber Security team and introducing next generation technologies and skills, applying these to solving problems.
There are two 12 month Software Industrial Placement roles available to provide input to the design, implementation and testing of Cyber Security software projects as part of a high performing research and development team. Each of these roles provides fantastic opportunities to develop skills in technical and professional areas, gain an understanding of working environments and valuable experience whilst making a difference to our customers.
At L3Harris, in our Intelligence & Cyber International (ICI) division, we work closely with UK Government and Security Agencies to shape and build cutting-edge solutions that combat the ever-evolving threats faced by the public and private sectors on a daily basis.
What the role will involve
If you’re invited to join our team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Design, development and implementation of production software and supporting tooling, primarily in C++ but also other languages such as C, C# and Python for ubiquitous platforms such as Windows, Linux, iOS and Android.
- Participate in vulnerability research activities for the latest operating systems and applications.
- Develop proof of concept solutions to support our programme of constant innovation.
- Working as part of a team (including Software Engineers and Vulnerability Researchers) to discuss system designs, interfaces and protocols to identify and implement solutions.
What you’ll bring
The role of Software Industrial Placement requires the following experience and skills:
- A minimum of 3 A-Levels (or equivalent qualification) with grades of A, B, C or above (including Maths)
- Pursuing a degree in either Computer Science, Maths or Engineering with a predicted final grade of 2:1 or 1st
- A passion for cyber security and software development and evidence of additional cyber related achievements or participations showing a desire for a rewarding career in the technology industry
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer a really attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service
- Competitive pension
- Private medical insurance and a health care cash plan
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
- Full reimbursement of professional membership cost
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.