Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Supplier Quality Project Manager
Largo, FloridaJob ID CS20220809-90188
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Supplier Quality Project Manager
Job Location: Largo, FL
Job Code: CS20220809-90188
L3Harris builds communication technologies for our Military and other customers. It is vital that the products we get from our suppliers have top of the line quality and reliability. Supplier Quality Project Managers (SQPM) are L3Harris’ front line to ensure that the products we receive from our Suppliers meet our expectations and requirements. SQPM’s work with our suppliers to ensure they are aware of our requirements, have a plan to meet those requirements, and execute those plans accordingly. SQPM’s interact daily with our suppliers, L3Harris supply chain and program teams and develop strong relationships so that when issues do occur, the communication channels are already established and solutions can be created quickly and efficiently.
This position leads supplier quality and project management efforts to increase capacity, decrease costs, drive realization of operational objectives, source inspect product and improve customer satisfaction.
This position serves as a management resource and facilitator to support supplier quality, supply chain and project management iniatives. The SQPM will drive industry best practices first through process and ultimately through cultural change.
The SQPM is responsible to drive proactive risk reduction, quality improvements, problem resolution, failure analysis, root cause, corrective action, and facilitate continuous process improvements with assigned suppliers. This position will provide quick reaction support for Quality and Delivery related issues, plan and execute supplier audits and performance reviews, as well provide regular feedback, weekly program summary reports and technical support to assigned suppliers. This role requires:
- A strong understanding of the supply base and associated manufacturing, test, inspection processes.
- In-depth problem solving at a supplier facility, such as recurring line stoppages, customer field failures, supplier escapes, observation of significant failure trends, etc.
- Technical acumen to review supplier rejections and determine appropriate actions.
- Plan and execute product and process related audits, drive preventative actions at the supplier’s facility and minimize escapes to L3Harris and our customers.
- Provide project/program status sufficient to meet the needs of the working and executive levels
- Execute product verification activities with suppliers such as first article inspections, acceptance test reviews, qualification efforts, environmental test witness and authorization to ship.
- Identify key process control parameters/characteristics and review adequacy of Quality Control Plans
- Lead supplier program milestone (e.g. PDR, CDR, MRR, etc.) reviews.
- Verify that quality data
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.