Lafayette, LouisianaJob ID IMS20211404-59692
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer for our Broussard, LA location.
This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to mission critical systems solutions that help protect the U.S.A. and our allies. You will join a great team of talented unmanned systems professionals who take a collaborative approach and enjoy working together.
- Responsible for providing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk supportability, and effectiveness analysis throughout the system lifecycle.
- Manage engineering subcontractors through regular interactions, development of technical documentation and coordinating design review activities.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment; interact, anticipate and respond to customer needs.
- Provide direction for the analysis and specification of the project technical requirements, lead project system engineering effort and coordinates that effort with all other technical disciplines and subcontractors.
- Assist with the development of top-level specification and manage requirement flow down to lower level specifications.
- Turn customer CONOPS into use cases and requirements.
- Perform analysis at all levels of total system product including: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Manage risk and opportunity with internal and external customers; work with technical team to identify, mitigate and close program risks.
- Work multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Develop Basis of Estimate (BOEs) for system engineering related tasks for project proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computer, Physics or Systems Engineering (or similar technical discipline) and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- At least 4 years general technical experience with Systems Engineering knowledge of military systems
- Experience leading/managing tasks and/or people
- Requires excellent communication and organizational capabilities
- Knowledge of autonomous systems, robotics, naval architecture, ship systems, data links, RF systems, and modems.
- Experience with Government contracting, proposal writing, and business acquisition process
- Knowledgeable in the application of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) process and tools
- This position requires the candidate to possess or have ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance, you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical, Software, RF, I&T, Manufacturing, etc).
- 3+ years of experience in Requirements management, traceability, and verification, IBM DOORS experience preferred.
- Light domestic and international travel environments – up to 25%.
- Willing and able to assist in offshore operations as needed.
- Must be able to sit or stand for up to nine hours.
- Fine motor dexterity.
- Experience with Solidworks, Rhino, and/or AutoCAD desired.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.