Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Assoc, Field Engineering
Lafayette, LouisianaJob ID IMS20223011-94094
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Assoc, Field Engineering
Job Code: FDM2
Job Location: Broussard, LA
About the Job:
L3Harris is seeking a Sr Assoc in Field Support Engineering as it continues to develop and establish a foothold in the rapidly growing market space for Autonomous Surface Vessels (ASV). The role will be based out of L3Harris location in Broussard, Louisiana.
Our ASVs are complex, cutting edge vehicles that are fitted with sophisticated software and electronic systems and their support will require a broad range of technical skills across a number of different disciplines. Field Support Engineers support the initial testing and configuration, operation, and troubleshooting of our ASVs. The position does entail an average of 30% travel.
- Assist with commissioning, testing, operation, and maintenance of marine Autonomous Surface Vehicles (both on and off the water) of the electrical, mechanical, and software systems.
- Must keep organized and detailed records, logs, issues, and checklists for a variety of operationally essential tasks
- Must coordinate and communicate effectively with Software and Engineering teams to assist in commissioning and testing of various vehicles produced and any operation of the vehicles in the field/offshore.
- Supporting the ongoing operation and maintenance of the vehicles when deployed at customer locations including investigation and diagnosis of any technical issues the vehicle and its control system may experience
- Liaising directly with customers and their representatives when the vehicles are deployed in the field at customer locations
- Working closely alongside members of the ASV Field Engineering team and the wider ASV team to ensure the continued efficient operation and refinement of our products by working with our clients to capture feedback and change requests etc.
- Interfacing between the ASV Field Engineering team and Software/Engineering teams to aid in effective communication and provide feedback to the latter.
- This role will require worldwide travel, potentially at short notice.
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 2 years relevant experience in any of the following disciplines or comparable: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering/Design, and Systems Engineering, or an Associate’s degree with minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience.
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Applicants must be a U.S. Person as per 22 CFR 120.15 in order to satisfy export compliance requirements
- Basic boat handling skills
- To be self-directed, organized, systematic, punctual, and goal oriented
- Understand and utilize effective troubleshooting techniques to resolve software, electrical, and mechanical system issues
- Software, basic computer networking, and electrical experience preferably backed up with experience of supporting such equipment in the marine environment.
- Experience in the set up and fault finding of electrical systems
- General electrical knowledge including the ability to understand electrical diagrams, understanding of various components such as relays, actuators, and the ability to investigate and trace electrical issues.
- The ability to quickly locate the cause of a problem from a set of symptoms and the ability to either resolve locally or liaise effectively with shore-based support teams to ensure such problems are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
- To have strong organizational abilities, oral & written communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the field of unmanned vehicles and/or robotics
- Experience with marine electrical systems and sensors, including experience with NMEA2000 and NMEA0183 protocols
- Basic networking knowledge, in particular layer 2 and layer 3 functions, including: understanding of subnets, VLAN configuration, routing functions, DHCP, and the ability to re-configure networks to meet changing demands.
- Linux system experience in a headless environment, particularly in RHEL-based Linux distributions.
- Experience in working with basic mechanical systems such as marine engines, electrical and hydraulic actuators
- Experience working in an offshore environment
- Current Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training (BOSIET) would also be an advantage but such training will be provided if necessary
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.