Sr. Marine Project Engineer
Lafayette, LouisianaJob ID IMS20210104-59034
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Sr. Marine Engineer
We are currently seeking a Sr. Marine Engineer with our Broussard, LA location.
The L3Harris ASV business site is a leading supplier of Unmanned and Autonomous Surface Vehicles
(ASVs). At our site in Broussard, Louisiana, employees own every stage of the technology development
and delivery process. Autonomous vessels are designed, fitted, tested and deployed from Louisiana to
sites all over the country.
L3Harris is seeking a Marine Engineer, Sr Specialist, with experience in Navy Ship acquisition,
construction, and oversight located in Lafayette Louisiana. The Marine Engineer is assigned to Navy
Unmanned Surface Vessel procurement programs and provides engineering and project management
support to detail design and construction efforts for various USV programs.
- Lead and oversee integration and installation of Government Furnished Equipment on various USV programs.
- Develop technical resolutions to engineering and regulatory problems that arise in the production of Unmanned Navy Ships.
- Provide technically sound Statements of Work to the Program Manager and Navy so that the changes may be considered for Technical Instructions and Class engineering changes.
- Monitor ship construction and modification in one or multiple shipyards in accordance with relevant NAVSEA, ABS and/or SUPSHIP processes and procedures. Reports on conditions found during construction to the system lead and presents sound solutions in line with Navy expectations during construction.
- Coordinates with NAVSEA, SUPSHIP, ABS, Shipyard, Quality assurance, and design team on various inspections and test events to include structural, mechanical, and system test and oversight.
- Serve as a member of on-site shipyard availabilities, on a travel basis, in the home-port or shipyard for the vessel being worked. Time on-site includes one or more Shipyard periods per year averaging 1 month in duration each.
- Provides Navy acquisition experience and expertise in the acquisition of Medium and Large Unmanned Surface Vessels.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering and six (6) years of Navy shipbuilding experience OR 10 years of Navy shipbuilding experience in lieu of degree.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Active Secret security clearance verifiable in JPAS or the ability to obtain an interim Secret clearance within 90 days.
- Willing to travel domestically and Internationally, and willing to support offshore operations and testing.
- Strong technical writing skills including the ability to produce and present clear, detailed written technical specifications, procedures, and reports.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.