Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Autonomy Software Engineer Lead
Lafayette, LouisianaJob ID IMS20222607-87491
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job title: Lead Autonomy Software Engineer
Position Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Reports to: Software Management
We are seeking a talented Lead Autonomy Software Engineer to help us improve our world class autonomy platform. We are a fast-paced team specializing in building next generation autonomy for surface vessels employing state of the art technology from a variety of fields – operator interfaces, sensing, planning, and hardware control. Our product allows naval vessels to operate fully autonomously while safely reacting to the world around it. With over 100 vessels in operation and 2,000 days logged at sea our product is one of the best solutions in the world and we are leading the effort toward naval autonomy in commercial and defense spaces.
Our software developers are a team of highly talented individuals. We take pride in the quality of our product, and we encourage all our developers to take ownership and personal responsibility. We have a strong culture of review and mentoring as part of our collaborative commitment to excellence. Our goal is to provide an extremely accessible work environment that empowers developers to tackle hard problems. We value the best ideas, whether from an intern or a lead, and every individual can have a significant impact on our success.
Our success is due to the people we employ – if you’re smart, adaptable, highly productive, a team player, and relish the challenge that comes with solving difficult problems, join us.
- Design, document, and develop autonomy software using C++
- Participate in peer reviews of design and software
- Participate in requirements development
- Lead system architecture development
- Participate in project estimation, scheduling, and tasking
- Provide technical supervision and mentoring of developers
- Lead software project teams
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a US DoD Secret clearance
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- At least six years of professional software development experience
- Strong working knowledge of planning algorithms
- Strong working knowledge of search algorithms for high dimensional spaces
- Strong working knowledge of vehicle maneuver planning and collision avoidance
- Experience leading software project teams and mentoring developers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong working knowledge of computer science theory and practice
- Strong working knowledge of software development using modern C++ and STL
- Strong working knowledge of collaborative software development in a Linux environment
- Strong working knowledge of design patterns
- Ability to travel 10% of time
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.