Associate Industrial Security Manager – Facility Security Officer
Lafayette, LouisianaJob ID IMS20213003-58825
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Assoc Mgr, Industrial Security – Facility Security Officer
Job Location: Broussard
L3Harris is seeking a Facility Security Officer, as it continues to further its foothold in the rapidly growing market space for Autonomous Surface Vessels (ASVs). This position will be based out of our Broussard, Louisiana office.
The Associate Manager, Industrial Security - Facility Security Officer (FSO) is responsible for the implementation of contractual, legal and regulatory security requirements, as well as security measures necessary, based on risk management and corporate guidance, to adequately and appropriately protect personnel, property and information at their business units and will provide advice and assistance to all business units within their purview and ensure compliance with all security policies, including government requirements for safeguarding information, physical security of facilities and the safety and security of all employees, visitors, assets and information. The Principal Business Unit Security Official will have dotted-line reporting responsibility to the Principal Segment Security Official.
The Associate Manager, Industrial Security - Facility Security Officer (FSO) acts on behalf of the site leadership and corporate Security function to ensure compliance with all security policies, contractual security requirements and that an effective security program is maintained. The FSO will ensure that all employees, contractors, or subcontractors who have access to classified, protected or proprietary information and/or facilities and storage areas are trained, knowledgeable, and comply with policies, regulations and procedures specific to the information and areas they have authorized access to and will protect against loss, theft, improper use, unauthorized disclosure or disposal of those assets or information. This position will report directly to the site leadership and have dotted-line reporting responsibility to their respective Security Official. This position will require on-site support and the person to perform classified work.
- Developing and administering an Operational Security Program, standard operating procedures for classified, or sensitive materials, documents, and equipment, and physical controls to ensure compliance with government company policies
- Obtaining rulings, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations from government agencies
- Leading, supporting, and conducting Government Security Investigations on personnel, processes, and situations in accordance with established operating procedures to determine level and scope of non-compliance with government and company regulations/requirements
- Preparing reports that specify preventive/corrective actions to be taken
- Collecting, assimilating, and interpreting intelligence information and disseminating to the appropriate stakeholder or investigating authority
- Researching and implementing federal security regulations, maintaining knowledge, and awareness of interdisciplinary compliance requirements, i.e. cyber, information technology, and configuration management
- Preparing manuals that outline regulations and establish procedures for handling, storing, retaining records, and access by personnel or visitors to restricted records and materials
- Conducting security education training and security audits
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of equivalent experience.
- Active US Secret Security Clearance
- Experience working with COMSEC and industrial security databases like DISS, NISS and SIMS.
- Experience with initiating and maintaining personnel security clearances (PCL).
- Experience maintaining facility clearances (FCL).
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with the National Security Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
- Completion of CDSE FSO Program Management Curriculum
- Experience with Security Information Management Software (SIMS)
- Experience working with special access programs
- Experience working with Joint Air Force, Army, Navy Manual (JAFAN) and/or Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) and DoD 52005.07
- Knowledge of access control, alarm, and CCTV systems
- Experience in counterintelligence, Insider Threat and OPSEC programs.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.