Field Technician D
Kansas City, MissouriJob ID AS20210305-60644
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Field Technician D
Job ID: AS20210305-60644
Job Location: Kansas City, MO
L3Harris is looking for a Field Technician to perform installation, maintenance, and repairs to a variety of telecommunications systems, cabling, and other related system equipment at customer locations across an assigned geographic region.
This individual will work closely with the Network Operations Command Center (NOCC) receiving dispatches and service requests supporting Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) programs.
- Responsible for the installation, repair, configuration, test and preventative maintenance of network equipment, telecommunications equipment and computers.
- Perform basic software troubleshooting and diagnostics and assist with the setup and configuration of system hardware and software.
- Provide technical support to end-users and install both hardware and software including operating systems, office applications, and computer hardware.
- Service various network components and network test instrumentation including:
- Cable connectors and replacements (RJ-11, RJ-45, DB-25, V.35, RS-449)
- Multiplexes, Network topology, Frame Relay, Fractional T-1, SONET Network Technology, ATM, Private Line, Voice and Data applications
- AD and DC including 3 Phase AC
- JDSU HST, Ameritech AM5XT, Sage 935, Digital Oscilloscope, Halcyon 704A, Para-scope or other T1/DS3 Test sets.
- T1 Testing Specifications, DS3 Testing, Digital Testing (BERT), and Analog VG Testing within Bell Core Standards.
- Serve as the point-of-contact for unresolved problems from the company’s Help Desk and NOCC.
- Maintain records on repairs, down time, changes, and updates.
- Periodically climb ladders and step stools, to reach heights of approximately 10 feet (3.05m), and periodically lift up to 50 pounds (22.67kg)
- May work outside regularly scheduled hours to meet operational needs and to respond to after-hours emergency calls
- May travel up to 100% of the time to remote sites within a 3-hour drive radius of the base location.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, and a satisfactory driving record, as conditions of initial (and continued) employment
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6-8 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiar with configuration and operation of the 24VDC & 48 VDC power supplies
- Knowledge on Network+, CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Wireless, A+
- Experience working remotely across a geographically dispersed team
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.