Production Planner Estimator
Jacksonville, FloridaJob ID IMS20211204-59593
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
We are searching for a Production Planner/Estimator at our Jacksonville, Florida location. The Production Planner/Estimator prepares and coordinates the plans and schedules for new or existing programs.
You will demonstrate success by:
- Duties include but not limited to: pricing, identifying labor, material, subcontractors and time requirements, utilizing drawings/blueprints, specifications, and other related documents using various estimating systems and databases all related to new and/or change orders.
- Determines, monitors, reviews costs, operational budgets, schedules, and manpower requirements
- Assesses the project progress against established plans and parameters.
- Supports and participates in negotiations with customer. Analyzes effects of projects upon various areas such as Engineering, Facilities, and the labor pool to determine the most practical and cost-efficient methods to obtain the required resources
- Formulates and recommends corrective action measures such as schedule revisions, manpower adjustments, fund allocations, and work requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned
- HS Diploma/GED required.
- Candidates must be assertive and able to multitask in a busy environment; muct be able to meet deadlines.
- Position requires an individual that is able to work with, and understand multiple design and construction disciplines.
- Individuals with electrical, mechanical and structural knowledge are preferred.
- Candidate must have shipyard planning and estimating experience.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, and experience with MS Office products.
- Individuals with MS Project experience are desired. Must meet the requirements for access to Military Facilities and on board Naval Ships and Vessels.
- Capable of lifting and carrying components up to 50 pounds.
- Willing to travel 60% of the time
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.