1st Class ShipFitter- $1000 Sign-on Bonus
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
1st Class Ship Fitter
Lays out, fits, aligns, and assembles prefabricated cast and forged components prior to welding, soldering, brazing, or bonding operations. Performs fitting and machining operations such as straighten, grind, burr, drill, ream, and countersink materials to close tolerances. Refers to general instructions to select equipment, set up, and lay out materials to be welded. May repair or rework parts to restore to required tolerances which have become distorted as a result of welding operations. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
- Must possess skills and abilities to perform the requirements of a ship board or airframe ship-fitter’s trade.
- Expected to know how to read and interpret drawings, specifications, technical manuals, design notices, etc.
- Must know and understand the use of all tools of their trade and expected to accomplish the more complex tasks associated with welding structural repairs to aluminum and steel hull.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)/Vocational School Diploma or graduate of U.S. Navy HT “A” school, apprentice school or technical school.
- Must have five (5) years’ experience in fit-up and structural repairs to steel and aluminum hull.
- U.S citizenship/legal Alien required.
- Heavy lifting up to and including 50lbs, work in a variety of weather elements. Will work on heavy and delicate machinery components.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.