1st Class Mechanic
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
1st Class Mechanic
Responsible for the successful execution of all mechanical work onboard Navy Ships, Vessels, and Craft by reviewing and executing Specification Work Items, utilizing the technical data packages, drawings, technical manuals and test procedures.
- Must possess skills and abilities to perform the requirements of a ship board or airframe mechanic’s trade with little supervision or guidance.
- Expected to know how to read and interpret drawings, specifications, technical manuals, design notices, etc.
- Must know and understand the use of all tools of their trade such as precision instruments and torque wrenches.
- Be able to accomplish the more complex tasks associated with mechanical and piping installations including the use of precision instruments, shaft alignments (propulsion and / or pump), precision drilling or machining.
- Be familiar with basic computer skills.
- Must have five (5) years’ experience installing mechanical components, equipment, and materials throughout the Navy Ship, Vessel, or Craft.
- Must be able to provide own hand tools specific to the trade.
- U.S citizenship/legal Alien required
- The candidate must have five (5) years’ experience in shipboard mechanical repairs to layout, fabricate, and install pumps, piping systems, drilling, crimping, framing riveting, reaming and troubleshoots mechanical systems for conformance to specifications and performs repair, removal, and reinstallation of mechanical equipment as necessary.
- U.S citizenship/legal Alien required.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Capable of lifting and carrying components up to fifty pounds
- Willing to travel up to 60% of the time.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.