Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Manufacturing Technician D
Hilton Head Island, South CarolinaJob ID IMS20221107-86559
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manufacturing Technician D
Job Code: IMS20221107-86559
Job Location: Hilton Head Island, SC
L3Harris Technologies – Kigre, Inc. is based in Hilton Head, SC and has built its business on excellence and scientific innovation. Kigre is known as a specialist in laser glass formation, fabrication, and precision machining and polishing. Kigre laser components and sub-systems are used in a wide variety of applications for a worldwide base of customers in industry, government and education. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals. This position is located in Hilton Head Island, SC.
The Melt Room Technician works within the glass manufacturing and fabrication shop performing day-to-day operational needs of the business. This position is responsible for the batching, melting and testing of raw material into bulk / deliverable substrates. Additional responsibilities may include drilling, grinding and polishing of laser quality optical glasses. He/She assists in the build techniques to ensure the successful product output from the melt room operations area.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Precision batching rare-doped glass
- Operating and trouble-shooting high-temperature machinery including pre-melters, furnaces and ovens, to produce rare-doped glass for use in production applications
- Understand the glass manufacturing methods and support the development of processes and procedures
- Must be able to understand technical drawings and written work instructions to produce products to laser quality standards.
- Working with outside vendors to generate tooling and raw material deliveries
- Works in tandem with procurement to obtain custom quotes as needed
- Understands ISO9001 and manufacturing standards.
- Recognizes failures and set up problems, isolates issues, and takes appropriate action to resolve those problems.
- Completes production traceability and test reports.
- Keep supervisor apprised of unresolved and/ or potential problems that would negatively affect production schedule.
- Back-up department lead as required
- Support Engineering in new product development
- Complies with safety regulation and maintains clean and orderly work areas.
- All other duties as assigned
- HS Diploma, preferred AS / BS in technical field
- Previous 5+ years’ experience in an optical, mechanical and/or electrical manufacturing environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to be respirator certified
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions and engineering drawings
- Ability to cross-train in glass machining processes (includes drill presses, core drilling, surfacing and end-grinding)
- Possess exceptional communication (both oral and written) and listening skills.
- Detail oriented, and possess the ability to make timely decisions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and possess a willingness to accept accountability for one’s own actions
- Possess good hand-eye coordination
- Proven history of reliable attendance
- Willing to take on new projects and learn additional aspects of the operation
- United States citizen and ability to work ITAR controlled programs
- Able to work weekends and evenings as required to meet company objectives.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.