On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
This position has technical and commercial project responsibilities including, but not limited to, engineering control system concept of operation development, control system software testing efforts, and shipboard deckplate support for sea trials evolutions. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to: technical compliance, customer interface, documentation writing and supplier support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop Concepts of Operation for Engineering Control System and Damage Control Systems
- Advise Engineering Development teams regarding typical engineering operations and evolutions in a tactical deployed environment
- Develop and Execute Test Procedures to exercise Engineering Control System software solutions
- Develop and Deliver Crew Training for Engineering Control Systems in the Operations and Maintenance Areas
- Systems development and architecture of engineering solutions
- Strong ability to decipher and segregate project requirements into a design incorporating required military specifications, IEEE 45, ABS Regulations, Coast Guard Regulations, etc
- Participate in engineering control system development tasks including preliminary design, design, integration and formal testing
- Interface with the customer and end user for the duration of assigned project(s) to ensure all needed deliverables are completed, as required, and all needed support (i.e., meetings, reviews, and other program events) are facilitated
- Act as deputy lead engineer for selected projects in order to provide design detail guidance and overall technical oversight
- Configure systems, perform testing and troubleshooting, verify specification compliance
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Maintain standards compliance
- Provide technical support to the Manufacturing Floor during first article fabrication, engineering change incorporation and replacement of obsolete components
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering discipline and minimum of 2 years equivalent U.S. Navy or Coast Guard Shipboard Experience with Engineering and Damage Control Operations, including Shipboard Training Teams
- Familiarity with Software and System Design and Development processes under SEI Capability Maturity Model – Integrated (CMMI) including system documentation, specification, acceptance testing, requirements traceability, etc.
Skills, Knowledge and Conditions
- Computer skills with strong proficiency in Microsoft Windows™, Microsoft Office™ package (Outlook®, Excel®, Word®, PowerPoint®, Project®, Access®, Visio®).
- Works well individually or in a group setting
- Effectively works well with other employees
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Participate in development of long range planning for new projects and facilities
- Solid analytical, project management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Skilled in time, priority and task management
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to guide technical solution development with team of assigned personnel. Conveys a strong presence, professional image, and deals confidently with complex technical problems
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems using analytical and creative problem solving skills. Ability to anticipate problems, resolve ambiguity and take decisive action
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel (15%)
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.