Sr Spec, Solutions Engineering
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Solutions Engineering
Job Code: SAS20201409-50599
Job Location: Herndon, VA
- Work with Account Managers to identify customer needs where remote sensing software and analytics are part of the solution
- Recommend end-to-end workflows to customers to solve problems unique to their business
- Execute technical marketing activities including attending trade shows, creating videos, webinars, and other original content, and occasionally speaking at events
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to relay voice-of-customer and market needs to stakeholders within the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 6+ years of technical product support experience OR Master’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 4+ years of technical product support experience
- Ability to travel to various CONUS/OCONUS locations
- An active TS/SCI security clearance required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of remote sensing phenomenology with experience working with multispectral and/or hyperspectral image data
- Experience working with LiDAR, full motion video, SAR, or other remote sensing data
- Excellent 2-way communication (upward and downward)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.