Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Specialist, Quality Engineering - HYBRID
Herndon, VirginiaJob ID SAS20221309-90386
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Quality Engineer
Job ID: SAS20221309-90386
Job Location: Herndon, VA - HYBRID
The Mission Networks Business Unit under the SAS Business Segment primarily supports the FAA by providing air traffic management systems, products and services that improve operations safety and efficiency. The business designs, implements, and operates large, complex networks supporting air traffic management and mission critical communications; develops voice communications systems; and develops air traffic movement and information systems.
The Senior (L4) Quality Engineer will be responsible for designing and maintaining high level of product and process quality across programs within the business unit as required by contracts and L3Harris command media. For product related quality, the quality engineer will be the primary interface with customer/supplier quality matters; will oversee the life cycle processes against program plans and procedures; and will verify implementation of requirements within products.
- Manage quality management system and oversee the life cycle process against regulatory standards, program plans and procedures, and other external/internal requirements.
- Provide DO-278A and AS9100 process guidance to the program teams in developing and delivering products/artifacts for the compliance.
- Develop, measure, and present to senior management key performance metrics for the system life cycle processes (including software, hardware, and suppliers)
- Conduct integrated process audits to diagnose process effectiveness, identify improvement areas, and measure compliance to DO-278A, AS9100, and L3Harris command media.
- Review purchase orders and product designs against design standard
- Participate in proposal process by estimating the level of effort and hours needed.
- Verify implementation of requirements for productsManage and progress program defects identified in production through closure by leading defect review board, identifying root causes/corrective actions, and verifying closure artifacts in quality management system.Participate in requirements reviews, design reviews (SW and HW), and code reviews
- Witness test activities for verification of requirements
- Participate in the engineering chnge process by attending document reviews, TRBs, ERBs, and verifing completion and effectivness of design change activities.
- Interface with customers and suppliers for quality related matters such as external audits and supplier rating/quality.
- Mentor other quality engineers
- Other process, product, and facilities improvement activities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s; with five (5) or more years’ experience in Quality Engineering with experience involving Hardware Development, Software Development, Supplier Quality or Program Support.
- Experience with QMS system
- Experience with enterprise management systems (ERP,MRP.MES,PTC Windchill/PDM, etc.)
- Experience with electronics system such as radios, radars, antennas, radio stations, regional control stations, GPS and associated software.
- Demonstrated communication skills both oral and written.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Ability to perform data analitics on large sets of data.
- Willingness to travel
- Objective thinker, problem solver with ability to execute challenging tasks to completion.
- Ability to manage many activities concurently.
- 5 Years of Experience and Proven Knowledge in AS9100
- 3 Years of Experience and Proven Knowledge DO-278A
- 5 Years of Experience with design standard (ANSI Y14.100)
- ASQ Certified Six Sigma Yellow/Green Belt
- ASQ Certified Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience in Agile Process
- Communcation and Presentation Skill
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.