Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Scientist, Information Security Systems Engineer TS/SCI - Herndon, VA
Herndon, Virginia; Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20220811-93161
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Scientist, Information Security Systems Engineer
Job Code: SAS20220811-93161
Job Location: Herndon, VA; Palm Bay, FL; local remote w/some travel to the office
Subject Matter Expert applying current systems security engineering methods, practices and technologies to the architecture, design, development, evaluation and integration of systems and networks to maintain system security and execute system CONOPS. Works closely with Government customers and program stakeholders to ensure that the security protection needs, concerns and requirements are defined and implemented with appropriate fidelity and rigor, early and in a sustainable manner throughout the life cycle of system that will allow for the security authorization of the system of interest. Works with systems developers or commercial product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure systems, networks, and database products. Uses methods such as encryption technology, vulnerability analysis and security management. Responsible for integration of multiple methods into a cohesive system security perimeter and environment and the policies and procedures necessary to monitor and maintain such an environment. Prepares Assessment and Authorization documentation using multiple standards under RMF and derivative processes (DOD 8510.01M, JSIG, ICD-503, CNSSI 1253), to achieve security authorization of supported systems. Represents program security needs, concerns, and requirements at customer meetings.
- Significant experience with IC and DoD Cyber organizations, including structure, engagement, customer relationship management, and Business Development
- Expected to lead and contribute to all Product or Network Information Security Engineering activities pertaining to CDRLs, trade studies, security requirements analysis, secure architecture development, management & compliance with security controls, design review milestones (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR) and security test/verification activities
- Experience with VR/RE
- Significant experience with DCO and OCO Cyber Effects Operations (CEO)
- System CONOP analysis and development
- Significant experience leading technical teams, decomposing requirements, solution development, implementation, and testing/qualification across a portfolio
- In-depth understanding of computer hardware architecture, components, and protocols
- Expected to contribute to all Product and/or Security Engineering activities pertaining to CDRLs, trade studies, security requirements analysis, secure architecture development, management & compliance with security controls, design review milestones (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR) and security test/verification activities
- Ensure RMF Information Security requirements and Program Protection requirements are addressed in all phases of the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements derivation and allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer Information Security requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Provide Cyber technical leadership for development teams building new multi-discipline (mechanical, electrical, software, hardware etc.) products
- Provide Cyber technical leadership to development teams at internal and external gate reviews such as technical baseline reviews and design reviews
- Identify security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications, and new technology initiatives (hardware, software, cross-domain solutions, cryptographic devices, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus systems and software deployment tools)
- Conduct security architecture analysis to evaluate and mitigate risks
- Work can be performed remotely (in the Herndon, VA or Palm Bay, FL local area) with travel to program office locations as needed. Potential travel up to 10%
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 15 years of prior relevant experience, OR
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience
- DoD 8570.01-M IASAE Level 3 certification (e.g. CISSP, ISSEP, ISSAP)
- Active Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance with CI Poly
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in Risk Management Framework (RMF) accreditation and authorization (A&A) processes to include RMF steps 1-4 (categorization, controls selection, control implementation, security assessment) and standard body of evidence (BoE) package development
- Experience in writing and managing RMF body of evidence documents (e.g., System Security Plan (SSP), Security Compliance Traceability Matrix (SCTM), Certified Test Plan (CTP), Risk Assessment Report (RAR), Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) Plan, Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&M), and Security Assessment Plans and Procedures (SAPP)
- Experience developing security overlays, data flow diagrams, internal requirements, CONOPs and interface control documents from customer and/or product requirements
- Experience with system testing and evaluation methods and RMF assessment methodology & processes
- Experience with administration and securing Linux (RHEL/CentOS), Microsoft products including Windows Server 2016+, Windows 10, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, and WSUS
- Experience in configuration and use of cyber defense and vulnerability assessment tools such as ACAS/Nessus, Rapid7 Nexpose, etc
- Experience with architectures integrating VLANs, VRF, virtual switching, multi-layer switching, Multi-layer Firewalls, ACLs, secure configuration, VPN (IPSEC)
- Foundational knowledge of Layer 3 architecture and diagramming within Visio or other commercial products
- Understanding of routing and switching as employed in telecommunications and network traffic
- General knowledge of common threats to information systems and how compromise would damage system integrity
- Exposure to model-based systems engineering (MBSE) tool suites (e.g., MagicDraw) and associated processes
- Experience with application of STIGs, CIS Benchmarks, and/or SCAP and developing associated POAMs
- Working knowledge of embedded systems, appliances, FPGA, single-board computers, chipsets, and microprocessors
- Engineering experience in non-traditional national security missions
- Vulnerability research and analysis of computer hardware, appliances, and/or embedded systems
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.