Senior Scientific Programmer (TS/SCI)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Senior Scientific Programmer
Job Code: SAS20203101-40161
Job Location: Herndon, VA
L3Harris is seeking a Senior Scientific Programmer to support an exciting opportunity to develop an enterprise-based processing, exploitation, and dissemination (PED) routines for a U.S. government customer. The programmer will be self-starter with the ability to collaborate as part of a dedicated team within a dynamic customer environment. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Collect development requirements through technical discussions with Subject Matter Experts and Analysts to create mission-specific capabilities.
- Review Academic and Trade Journal Research Publications and translate them into customer-relevant solutions.
- Independently create data ingestion, processing, analysis, and exploitation scripts within the customer environment that leverages the HGSI Commercial product suite.
- Optimize existing ENVI-based desktop tools for migration to a larger enterprise architecture.
- Report on project status, issues, and schedule as part of a larger multi-company Agile Development team.
- 10+ years of experience with remote sensing data and principles, including a variety of phenomenologies such as Lidar, SAR, Electro-optical, or Spectral data.
- Ability to manages project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction
- Communication within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches
- Ability to make significant improvements in processes, systems, or products. Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with the Defense and Intelligence (D&I) community, with a focus on Tradecraft development within a Research and Development (R&D) Environment.
- Experience implementing algorithms and remote sensing processing workflows.
- Experience with scripting in IDL and Python, as well as interactive data processing using HGSI commercial Products.
- Experience creating interactive visualization environments leveraging 3D data sources such as Lidar or Digital Terrain models.
Please be aware this position requires the candidate to already possess an active TS/SCI clearance and to maintain the clearance.Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Director, Cost Analyst Engineering (TS Clearance) Rochester, New York, Palm Bay, Florida, Herndon, Virginia
- Senior Manager, Engineering Management – Modeling & Simulation Herndon, Virginia, Rochester, New York, Palm Bay, Florida
- FPGA Digital Design Engineer Rochester, New York, Fort Wayne, Indiana, Palm Bay, Florida, Herndon, Virginia, Colorado Springs, Colorado, Mount Prospect, Illinois, Van Nuys, California, Nashua, New Hampshire, Wilmington, Massachusetts, San Diego, California, Alpharetta, Georgia, Carlsbad, California