Senior Contracts Specialist
Herndon, VirginiaJob ID IMS20212202-56946
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Senior Contracts Specialist
Location: Herndon, VA
L3Harris’ Maritime Sector is currently seeking a Sr. Specialist, Contracts our Adaptive Methods facility in Herndon, VA. The successful candidate must have a demonstrable record of achievement in the contracting career field and will be responsible for managing daily, cradle-to-grave US Government contract management activities on a variety of programs and requirements, as well as performing critical functions within the group requiring the most expertise. This role requires strong interpersonal attributes/skills, including: high ethical standards, strong organizational and communication skills, land be a team player able to live L3Harris values every day – Integrity, Respect, Excellence – in word and deed.
This position is responsible for the following:
• All aspects of Contracts management/administration for a $25M annual business.
• Analyzing significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, L3H policies and procedures, as well as smart business practice;
• Providing contractual and other business agreement guidance to internal management, including Program Managers and Business Development Managers, as well as the General Manager and Director of Finance;
• Finalizing prime contract or other Agreement language, terms and conditions, cost/price, deliverables, and schedule requirements, for US Government, commercial and international contracts;
• Serving as focal point for communication and resolution of contract issues and disputes;
• Assisting in new business and/or sales channel pursuit and associated contract strategy, as required;
• Mentoring and training less experienced professionals;
• Bringing innovative and affordable solutions, delivering with speed and precision, and a reputation for flawless execution against our commitments;
• Participating in the development and negotiation of business alliances and other collaborative agreements, as necessary; and
• Travel as required.
The following are the key attributes that are must haves for the successful candidate:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration. MBA or Advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of 8 years Contracts Management experience in commercial experience along with government contract law.
• Proven ability to take an entrepreneurial approach and demonstrated negotiation skills, in successfully closing on a variety of Government, International, and Commercial endeavors.
• Must interact effectively with all levels of internal and external customers.
• Experience in the development/creation, negotiation and administration of various government and commercial contracts and agreements.
• International contracts experience a plus.
• Must be a U.S. citizen and qualified to obtain a Government security clearance.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize and close actions before deadlines as required.
• Must be proficient in MS tool set and other on line research tools.
• Other professional certifications are a plus.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.