Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Program Finance Analyst
Herndon, Virginia; Camden, New JerseyJob ID IMS20222504-81170
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Program Finance
Job Location: Herndon, VA or Camden, NJ
Reporting to the Manager of Program Finance, the Project Financial Analyst will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Developing and monitoring project financial data to meet or exceed key performance metrics on multiple projects.
- Providing timely and accurate financial analysis to the Project Management Office and Manager of Program Finance, inclusive of highlighting areas of concern for corrective action and risk mitigation.
- Preparing and analyzing project cost estimates at completion (EACs) inclusive of forecasted projections for labor, material, and subcontract expenditures.
- Developing monthly forecasts for key financial metrics including revenue, profit/loss, and cash flow. Reporting weekly on performance to forecast.
- Ensuring timely and accurate invoice submission in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Will prepare and submit journal entries at month end accounting close.
- Preparing monthly program review packages for senior management.
- Assessing and Preparing ASC606 Revenue Recognition forms.
- Ensuring financial compliance with internal operating procedures (SOX).
The Successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Costpoint & Hyperion planning experience
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in financial analysis and reporting, inclusive of cost accounting, required. Prior experience in the defense industry preferred.
- Prior experience with project-based financial analysis.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in project cost accounting including direct and indirect cost allocations.
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management and software (Cobra & MS Project) a plus.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office including Excel Vlookup and Pivot Table functions, and Powerpoint.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.