Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Network Engineering Field Technician (Herndon, VA)
Herndon, VirginiaJob ID SAS20221411-93422
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Network Engineering Field Technician
Job Code: SAS20221411-93422
Job Location: Herndon, VA
L3Harris is looking for a Network Engineering Field Technician to perform installation, maintenance, and repairs to a wide variety of telecommunications systems, equipment, cabling, and to other related systems and equipment “off-site” (at customer’s locations) in the assigned region. The Field Tech will also perform other related work as required.
- This is a support level position requiring a thorough knowledge of the installation, maintenance, and repair of telecommunications related systems and/or equipment, gained through formal education or from considerable and varied experience in working with the installation, service activation, maintenance, and repair of telecommunication systems and devices.
- Responsible for the installation, repair, configuration, test and preventative maintenance of network equipment, telecommunications equipment and/or computers.
- Proficient in Microsoft or UNIX operating systems, and the components of the MS Office Suite. Maintains records on repairs, down time, changes and updates.
Network Knowledge / Skills:
- Working knowledge of cable connectors and replacement, such as RJ-11, RJ-45, DB-25, V.35, RS-449
- Working knowledge of fiber, working knowledge of Multiplexes, Network topology, Frame Relay, Fractional T-1, SONET Network Technology, ATM, Private Line, Voice and Data applications
- Working knowledge of power testing, AD and DC including 3 Phase AC. Familiar with configuration and operation of the 24VDC & 48 VDC power supplies.
- Experience with network and circuit testing with T1 Testing Specifications, DS3 Testing, Digital Testing (BERT), and Analog VG Testing within Bell Core Standards.
- Working knowledge and usage of various network test equipment: JDSU HST, Ameritech AM5XT, Sage 935, Digital Oscilloscope, Halcyon 704A, Para-scope or other T1/DS3 Test sets.
Computer Knowledge / Skills:
- Perform basic software troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Serve as the point of contact for unresolved problems from the Help Desk or NOC.
- Install hardware and software including operating system and office applications.
- Responsible for providing computer hardware, software and network technical support to end-users.
- Assists with setup and configuration of system hardware and software.
- AA/AS degree plus 2-4 years of Telecommunications and/or 6-8 Network Engineering experience is required
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License, and a satisfactory driving record, as conditions of initial (and continued) employment.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Capable of lifting up to 70 lbs.
- Capable of utilizing ladders and step stools to reach heights of approx 10 ft.
Preferred / Additional Skills:
- Network+, CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Wireless, A+
- Ability to work from home, in an “on-call” status.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain active DOD Clearance
- Willing to travel (up to 100% of the time) to remote sites within a 3 hour drive circle of base location. Technicians may be asked to travel outside of their assigned region, as needed.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work in high stress and visibility environment.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.