Manager, Electrical Engineering
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manager, Electrical Engineering
Job Location: Ayer or Herndon
The Manager, Electrical Engineering is responsible for leading an Electrical Engineering team including planning, research & development, and execution of all tasking on projects, pursuits, and programs. Responsible for functional requirements of staffing (manpower/resource planning), recruiting, training, talent development, engagement, and retention of employees. Proactively collaborates with functional and business leadership teams to support business and program requirements and demands.
In this role the selected candidate will communicate with parties within and outside of the organization which includes customers or vendors. Requires ability to communicate with leadership regarding matters of importance to the function or business area. May conduct briefings with senior leaders.
Requires management and leadership knowledge in the design and development of DoD electronics equipment. Typically has comprehensive knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline and may have broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Engineering degree from an accredited college or University required
- Proven experience with the entire product development life cycle from proposal development, design, fabrication, manufacturing build, integration and test and formal DoD qualification testing.
- Experienced in Product Life Cycle Management, Design to Cost, Design for Assembly, Value Engineering and Lean Principles to lead enterprise process and product improvements.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in the development of plans schedules and estimates with Earned Value Management techniques
- Experience with Department of Defense Specifications
- Ability to develop proposal estimates with strong basis of justification
- Strong writing, presentation and oral communication skills.
- Support all embedded and PC Board/electronics development.
- Assess and support legacy product lines and customers
- Support EEs for field service assignments.
- Provide obsolescence mitigation for electronic parts
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; possesses strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Strong facilitator to design, lead organizational improvements and track to completion.
- Experience producing executive summaries and metrics for progress reporting and to communicate opportunities/focus areas
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering and/or business administration preferred.
US DoD Security Clearance or ability to obtain a US DoD security clearance Required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.