Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Software Engineering (Clearance Level: TS/SCI)
Herndon, Virginia; Rochester, New York; Melbourne, FloridaJob ID SAS20220208-87904
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Lead, Software Engineer, Software Engineer C++ / Cloud / Linux
Job Code: SAS20220208-87904
Job Location: Rochester, NY or Melbourne, FL or Herndon, VA
L3harris is currently seeking a Software Engineer who will design, develop and integrate existing Image Processing algorithms into a Cloud framework. You will be part of a team that will support analyzing the existing C++ based algorithms and develop cloud-based solutions utilizing these algorithms with AWS, Kubernetes and Docker.
You and your team will support all phases of the software lifecycle, including refining requirements, software implementation, integration, debugging, and full documentation. This opportunity also includes development tasks within a Cloud environment on Linux as part of a larger team dedicated to the customer mission.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work both independently with little supervision as well as engage with a team to achieve overall project objectives. Ultimately, the main responsibility is to build high-quality, innovative, and fully performing Cloud applications that comply with coding standards and technical design.
- Utilize software engineering principles, processes, and industry best practices with the ability to apply them in daily work.
- Interact with Systems, software, program management on specifications/requirements in a collaborative team environment.
- Design, code and unit test, as well as participate in integration and test, requirements sell off, and operations and maintenance of software systems.
- Ensure that products/projects delivered meet customer requirements and specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with program management, project leadership team and stakeholders with regards to status and milestones, and well as risks and ability to execute on mitigation plans.
- Analyze problems, perform root cause analysis, and propose resolution approaches.
- Maintain software baselines using GIT and Jira.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 9 years of prior software engineering experience or Master's degree and 7 years of experience.
- 5 years of experience programming development in C++ on Linux
- 5 years of experience developing in a Cloud Computing environment
- 5 years of experience with Linux OS - including monitoring, maintaining, triaging, and debugging/troubleshooting applications on Linux Oss
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite (Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence)
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Experience using a software development process
- Experience with developing C++ applications, libraries, CMake, releases
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiar with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, etc… and experience working in a continuous integration (CI) / continuous deployment (CD) environment
- Active Top Secret or TS/SCI clearance required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Cloud based architecture
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Bash and other scripting languages
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with parallel system implementation across multiple CPUs and GPU cores, within and across servers
- Experience with multi-threaded development
- Ability to deliver high quality work in a dynamic, agile product development environment
- Experience managing Jenkins and Continuous Integration of Python / C++ tools
- Demonstrated ability to work and grow in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented environment
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.