Lead, Information Security Systems Engineer-TS.SCI
Herndon, VirginiaJob ID SAS20211504-59789
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead,Information Security Systems Engineer - TS.SCI
Job Code: SAS20211504-59789
Job Location:Herndon, VA
- Provide leadership and technical execution support of information security activities associated with the authorization and accreditation (A&A) of information systems and data using NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) (and derivative) processes, to include those processes used for SAP accreditations.
- Support security engineering activities, including basis of estimate development, requirements development, design, test, configuration management and maintenance of information systems and data.
- Assist program security in the development of, policies and procedures for, emerging security technologies and proposals.
- Support security certification and vulnerability assessment activities as required.
- Support the evaluation, qualification, testing and delivery of security architecture improvement, obsolescence replacement and vulnerability response projects.
- Support information assurance data collection and continuous monitoring activities for assigned information systems.
- Experience in writing and managing RMF body of evidence documents (e.g., System Security Plan (SSP), Security Compliance Traceability Matrix (SCTM), Risk Assessment Report (RAR), Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) Plan, and Security Assessment Plans and Procedures (SAPP)).
- Experience in securing operating systems (Windows, Linux, Cisco IOS, etc.), applications (REST API, GMSEC, etc), and databases (MySQL, Mongo, etc).
- Experience with application of Secure Template Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Experience in configuration and use of cyber defense and vulnerability assessment tools such as ACAS and SCC
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), agile system development, and DevSecOps tools and processes.
- Experience in accrediting cross-domain systems.
- Experience in Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Self-motivation, able to work well independently and within inter-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Principles of data flows (e.g., TCP/IP, OSI model).
- Travel up to 20%
- Work will be performed onsite.
- Education:Top Secret//SCI Security Clearance required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience, or
- Graduate Degree and/or a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- DOD 8570.01M IAT 3 Certification
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in the content development and administration of SEIM/audit reduction tools (e.g., Splunk).
- Top Secret//SCI w/CI Poly is desirable.
- DOD 8570.01M IASAE 3 certification is desired.
- Strong understanding of engineering processes, concepts and information security systems engineering principles (NIST SP 800-160 Vol1).
- System test and evaluation methods and RMF assessment methodology & process.
- Experience in Cyber Defense technologies.
- Experience with CI/CD, agile system development, and DevSecOps tools and processes.
- Understanding of system vulnerabilities and exploitation.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.