Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Info Sec Systems Engineer - Herndon, VA
Herndon, VirginiaJob ID SAS20222406-85150
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Info Security Sys Engineer
Job Code: SAS20222406-85150
Job Location: Hybrid/Herndon, VA & Remote
The Lead Information Security Systems Engineer will support multiple air traffic surveillance systems including the FAA’s ADS-B program and the Aireon space-based ADS-B system. The position involves the security administration for system assets. The work includes developing and managing file integrity, monitoring the system, performing security vulnerability assessments, supporting remediation activities, review and development of security test plan and procedures, and the support of FAA IRAT and GAO audits.
- Support all aspects of cyber security for both on-site and remote systems
- Update hardware and software configuration data on operational systems.
- Perform daily security systems administration for IDS, Firewall, SIEM, and other COTS products
- Perform vulnerability assessments and security audits to meet NIST standards
- Research security standards, security systems and authentication protocols
- Identify security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications and new technology initiatives (hardware, software, cross-domain solutions, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus systems and software deployment tools).
- Recommend and implement measures to maintain compliance with Federal cyber security policies
- Develop and review System Security Plans (SSP) and other required system plans and security procedures
- Perform systems administration in Windows, Linux, VMware, and Cisco ASA
- Mentor and provide technical direction to junior security administrators
- Work will be performed during normal business hours with scheduled on-call support after normal business hours
- Ability to obtain FAA Public Trust clearance, US Citizenship required
- Experience administrating security for FAA programs
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA or equivalent) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, and minimum 9 years related experience
- Experience in system administration or security administration.
- Experience executing configuration control processes
- Experience with system architectures, operating systems, network components, software assurance and databases
- Splunk Power User Certification
- Experience in troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Working knowledge of VMware, Linux, Solaris, Windows, Active Directory, and Cisco ASA platforms.
- Knowledge of security products such as Cisco FireSIGHT, AlienVault USM/OSSIM, OSSEC, Splunk, Cisco ASA firewall, and McAfee e-Policy Orchestrator.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- DoDI 8570 IAT or IAM Level 2 compliant professional certification (i.e. CISSP, CCIE, CISM, Security + CE, or SSCP).
- Experience with security assessment and authorization activities required for Federal information systems.
- Must have exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills as well as strong ability to lead and mentor teammates
- The successful candidate will possess strong initiative with an ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment, and strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.