Industrial Security Senior Specialist - Clearance Required
Herndon, VirginiaJob ID AS20211902-56920
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Industrial Security
Job ID: AS20211902-56920
Job Location: Herndon, VA
Senior security professional with strong industrial security knowledge and broad knowledge of project management. Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight. Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures. Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes. Contributes to the achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
- Provides program security administration of programs, studies and pursuits.
- Responsible for providing security guidance, coaching and training to other employees.
- Acts as primary contact for conducting new hire in-processing, badging, access control, security education and training; actively participating in Government security audits and yearly self-inspections across multiple programs.
- Responsible for ensuring the formulation, establishment and execution of security policy, procedures and protocols pertinent to the facility consistent with National Industrial Security Program (NISPOM).
- Performs as a member of the Security Staff assisting in the execution of a robust insider-threat program.
- Investigates security incidents and completes administrative inquiries.
- Interacts with senior management on matters pertaining to security policy and procedures.
- Helps maintain the company Standard Practices and Procedures and other security related policies as needed to include helping to create procedures.
- Assists with the on-site guard force, CCTV and other physical security needs as required.
- Effectively taking action to solve problems while exhibiting sound judgment.
- Assist FSO in overall security program implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Secret Clearance required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Requires comprehensive level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Must be proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Access control, CCTV, badging applications and security management software
- Knowledge and experience in all facets of program Security including but not limited to: Physical, Personnel, Information Management, Information Systems oversight, OPSEC, Counterintelligence and Security Education & Awareness.
- Working knowledge of NISPOM requirements
- CDSE Facility Security Officer certification desired
- Demonstrates experience working in teams and matrix environments.
- Work independently, manage multiple tasks, and coordinate activities within deadlines.
- Interact with senior management on matters pertaining to security policy and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to ensure compliance with NISPOM.
- Ability to prepare DD Form 254 and related security documentation.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Position requires good organizational skills, flexibility, sound judgment, and an even, professional temperament
- Extensive knowledge of JPAS, DISS and e-QIP. Experience in processing SF-86, SF-312, Security Investigations, and Periodic Reinvestigations
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.