Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Enterprise Solution Architect – National Airspace System (NAS)
Herndon, Virginia; Melbourne, FloridaJob ID SAS20221312-94675
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Enterprise Solution Architect – National Airspace System (NAS)
Job Code: SAS20221312-94675
Job Location: Melbourne, FL or Herndon, VA
As the Chief Solution Architect supporting the NAS Enterprise Services and Automation portfolio, you will have a unique opportunity to apply your proven technical expertise defining high-performance data processing, microservices architectures, and real-time information management. Your skills will guide and advance innovative concept solution development enabling the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to implement an integrated, performance-based, info-centric National Airspace System (NAS) that meets the operational needs of legacy and new entrant NAS users. You will work in close collaboration with our Business Development and Engineering teams to accelerate evolution of the NAS to shared enterprise services and full Trajectory-Based Operations (TBO) as envisioned by the FAA and its partner air navigation service providers.
- Collaborate with Business Development, Capture, and Engineering professionals to develop and refine resilient and secure solutions that further FAA data processing and information management capabilities.
- Lead the creation of mission and technology roadmaps informed by a deep understanding of existing NAS infrastructure, customer mission needs, and rapidly advancing technologies.
- Support front end of the business/capture initiatives by leading the technical strategy and solution development and work with Engineering to align capacilities to meet the strategy and roadmaps.
- Evaluate external products and services against customer needs and formulate build / buy recommendations, and partner alternatives in areas of strategic interest to the business.
- Apply NAS systems and subsystems operations knowledge and hands on expertise to deliver ATM and surveillance services to NAS users. These include knowledge and understanding of related functional requirements, and performance specifications.
- Track technology and mission trends and leverage this knowledge to formulate innovative solutions that solve problems identified by the FAA and NAS users.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with proven ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences either verbally, through presentation media or documented as Concept of Operations, white papers or similar materials.
- Experience designing & deployment of solutions microservices architectures, temporal workflows for orchestration, service discovery, and load balancing.
- Document proposed solutions using industry-standard architectural frameworks constructs such as DoDAF, MBSE, SYSML or similar framework.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 15 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience.10+ years of FAA systems or NAS air traffic management industry experience
- 10+ years demonstrated experience in a Sr Systems, Sr Software Engineer, or Architect role overseeing large-scale systems with secure classifications, low-latency, high-availability services
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and/or service-oriented architecture (SOA) with focus on Micro Services architecture
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Understanding of the System of Systems National Airspace System (NAS) architecture and its relation to the NAS functional and performance requirements
- Prior work experience on an FAA NAS Program during the System Implementation phase of the AMS lifecycle and successful deployment/integration into the NAS
- Experience with development of solutions into mixed on-premises and Cloud environments
- Experience structuring and guiding mid- to upper-TRL research and development
- Experience evaluating artificial intelligence (AI) applications for feasibility of use in integrated solutions
- Experience applying data analytics to enable risk-based decision making and efficient system operations
- Experience/participation in FAA Collaborative Decision Making forums and NextGen Advisory Committee/Sub-committees/Integrated Working Groups
- Membership and/or participation in ATCA, ICNS or other ANSP-related organizations
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.