DoD/IC Surveillance Business Development - Clearance Required
Herndon, VirginiaJob ID AS20211902-56917
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Tile: Business Development Lead
Job ID: AS20211902-56917
Job Location: Herndon, VA
The Business Development Lead role is responsible for developing business strategy, identifying and qualifying new business opportunities and interfacing with DoD/IC customers to close on contract orders to meet annual operating plan and strategic growth plan. This position will be supporting the Surveillance and Automation Solutions Business Area (BA) as part of the Mission Networks (MN) Business Unit (BU). The BDM role is within the BA’s business development team focused on shaping and driving strategic pursuits with DoD/IC customers.
As part of the business development team and in partnership leadership, the successful candidate will:
- Create, identify, pursue, and close DoD surveillance business opportunities. Develop and mature account and contact plans; gather market intelligence and industry trends to provide the competitive landscape and voice of the customer; recommend strategies and approaches for differentiation based on market understanding
- Develop a roadmap of pursuits mapped to customer needs to support strategic planning; develop and update order input forecast and plan in support of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Monitor and interpret DoD budget material with respect to air surveillance procurements, and research and development
- Support proposal efforts and develop win strategies based on understanding of customer market and buying behavior.
- Arrange and support strategic customer engagements with DoD customers.
- Collaborate with Government Relations in support of Segment program priorities.
- Work effectively with the leadership team to allocate resources appropriately across various projects, juggling current customer/prospect needs with longer term product roadmap needs (weighing, balancing, & communicating the tradeoffs as necessary)
- 10+ years of experience in defense related markets (US)
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, business or another related field
- Active Secret or Top-Secret Clearance required
- Background with NORAD mission strongly preferred
- Understanding of sensor systems as applied to FAA, DoD, and DHS
- 3-5 years’ experience leading capture efforts and programs/projects within DoD
- Master of Business Administration degree
- Disciplined, self-starting professional who can bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance and oversight
- Knowledge and experience with the POM cycle including Congressional roles and personnel
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and DoD budget process
- Experience with industry-specific research tools, to include the Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS), FedBizOps, GovWinIQ, Avascent Analytics, DACIS, IHS Janes, Bloomberg Government, etc.
- Advanced skills with the Microsoft Office Suite, to include PowerPoint and Excel functions (e.g., Pivot Tables, Lookups, Conditional Formatting, If Statements)
- Experience with enterprise CRM tools (e.g., Microsoft Dynamics) and dashboards (Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau)
- Travel Required: 35-50%
- Active Top Secret with SCI preferred
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.