Cyber Security Engineer
Herndon, VirginiaJob ID IMS20211204-59603
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Systems Engineer (Cybersecurity)
Job Code: SYP4
Job Location: Herndon, VA
Our world-class expertise in connecting space, airborne, ground and sea-based platforms with secure, real-time data drives our communications business in addressing the heightened global demand for advanced solutions. As a prime contractor, we are a key integrator in state-of-the-art maritime platforms. Our machinery control and integrated bridge solutions are found in a wide range of naval vessels around the world. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for our customers across the globe.
We are searching for a Cybersecurity Systems Engineer at our C5 Systems - Herndon, VA location.
- The Cybersecurity Systems Engineer is experienced in the Risk Management Framework process, including: System Categorization, Controls Selection (including selection and application of appropriate overlays), Risk Assessment, Implementation of Controls, Security Assessment, support to System Authorization, and development of Continuous Monitoring plans. The Cybersecurity Systems Engineer will be responsible for applying cybersecurity experience throughout the System Development Life Cycle process to develop systems and equipment that obtain Interim Authorization To Test (IATT) and Authorization To Operate (ATO) on time, within the allotted budget, and with low residual risk.
- Leads and directs experienced professionals, lower level supervisors, or associate managers. Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to project requirements and approaches. Establishes short-term operational plans with measurable contribution to function or business area results. Manages project schedules and execution. Requires management and leadership knowledge in job area and comprehensive knowledge within professional discipline.
- Leads, directs and reviews the work of assigned project team members. Works closely with functional managers on staffing requirements for the project.
- Communicates within and outside of the organization, which include customers and vendors. Works to influence others to accept individual or team’s views or practices and changes to concepts, practices and approaches. Communicates with leadership regarding matters of importance to the functional or business area. May conduct briefings with higher leadership. May occasionally support customer visits as well as travel for new and current business activities.
- Functions as the point of contact resource for technical issues related to assigned program and delegates issues with guidance on resolution. Be C5 Systems’ technical spokesperson to customers as required.
- This position includes all the responsibilities of Project Engineering and therefore all project status, schedules, and budgets against projects for assigned projects.
- Responsible for managing and leading the section’s resources, both financial and otherwise, to meet the financial, personal, quality, and other goals of the department and of the company.
- Develops cost estimates in response to RFQs and RFPs related to the assigned project.
- Be a strong leader for C5 Systems in support of doing what is right and working issues cross-functionally by elevation or collaborative, cross-functional teamwork.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field and 6+ years of engineering experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Risk Management Framework processes and documentation.
- Cybersecurity credential at or above one of the following DoD Directive 8570.01 requirements: IASAE Level III (e.g.,CISSP),
- 5+ years of experience in the development and accreditation of Risk Management Framework-impacted systems or equipment that led to successful attainment of an Authorization to Operate (ATO).
- US Citizenship required.
- US Government Secret security clearance or ability to obtain clearance required (Note: Active US Government SECRET Security Clearance highly desirable).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.