Herndon, VirginiaJob ID AS20200912-54087
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Contracts Lead
Job ID: AS20200912-54087
Job Location:Herndon, VA
- Administers contracts and agreements in accordance with federal government regulations and company policies and procedures, manages and negotiates customer changes to such agreements.
- Performs proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Prepares proposals, bids, processes specifications, progress, and other reports.
- Examines commercial terms of solicitations, requirements, and delivery schedules to provide written reviews to management identifying and mitigating risks to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares proposals and customer correspondence.
- Advises pursuit team, program team and management of contractual rights and obligations of the pursuits and programs for which you are responsible.
- Proactively identifies pursuit, program and company risks and provides recommended mitigations.
- Effective communicator within program multi-functional teams, contracts professionals, internal management and all levels of customer counterparts.
- Compiles and analyzes data and maintains historical information.
- Experience with, and understanding of, letters of credit, bid and performance bonds, foreign exchange risks and mitigation strategies.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and fulfill obligations and commitment
- Ability to obtain and maintain government security clearance
- Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management.
- Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction.
- Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches.
- Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products.
- Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 9 years directly related contracts experience or Master’s Degree with minimum 7 years directly related contracts experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with the FAA’s Acquisition Management System (AMS)
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) / Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) and commercial and international contracting terms and conditions.
- Experience with long term, complex programs and contracts.
- Position will require interaction with internal and external customers, including USG, and government. Interpersonal skills, professionalism and the ability to communicate effectively are required.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Experience with US and Foreign Government acquisitions and Foreign Military Sales.
- Experience with US and Foreign commercial acquisitions.
- Experience with a variety of contractual relationships and vehicles, including marketing and consulting agreements, JVs and consortium agreements,
- Experience negotiating complex contract terms and conditions.
- Experience with competitive proposals and procurements.
- Experience in International Contracting, International Agreements, FCPA, and cultural business etiquette in dealing with International customers.
- Excellent knowledge with MS Office Suite.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.