L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Administration
Job Location: Herndon, VA
This position is located in Herndon, VA and will support the leadership team at that location. This role is considered to be a hybrid position, which allows the individual to work onsite and remotely as defined by the Program Director. This position requires an extremely organized, self-motivated individual with the ability to adapt quickly to changing plans and priorities. Superb verbal and written communication and the ability to juggle multiple priorities is critical to the candidate’s success.
- Provide administrative support with the ability to predict, anticipate, and execute on the business needs of the office.
- Coordinate calendar management/events to include onsite/offsite meetings and travel arrangements. Manage travel arrangements, including obtaining required VISA/travel document administration
- Interact positively with all levels within the organization while projecting a positive, collaborative, professional image of L3Harris in all interactions.
- Prepare, edit, and coordinate correspondence and internal and external reports
- Regularly create and edit Microsoft PowerPoint presentations (must possess excellent PowerPoint skills). Regularly create and edit Microsoft Excel workbooks to support the execution of the business.
- Provide telephone support, assist with preparation of segment-wide communications, expense report preparation and tracking, mail and paperwork distribution, filing, copying, and other general tasks.
- Due to complex and confidential nature of the position, all company policies and procedures must be followed
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 4 years prior relevant experience or Associates Degree and 8 years prior related experience
- 4 years’ experience working with Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Experience handling multiple simultaneous projects, managing multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in an environment with quality processes to be followed and maintained.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience developing and maintaining processes in support of company quality initiatives such as ISO 9000 and CMMI
- A strong sense of urgency with the ability to monitor shifting priorities while responding and reacting to unexpected situations.
- Good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Willingness to learn new skills and to accept additional responsibilities as required.
- Possess the ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Extremely organized with great attention to detail and excellent grammar skills.
- The ability to anticipate needs and possess a high degree of initiative to begin action and independently take responsibility for follow-through actions.
- Willing to work some extended hours when necessary, and availability at last-minute notice.
- Committed to consistently generate a quality work product.
- Customer service, problem solving, and project management skills
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate and work effectively with a diverse group of people
- Presentation, communication and diplomatic skills to interact with top level staff.
- Common-sense approach and a calm demeanor while balancing sensitive and often time sensitive situations.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.