Senior Inspection Supervisor
Hauppauge, New YorkJob ID AS20211802-56851
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Supervisor, Quality Management
Job ID: AS20211802-56851
Job Location: Hauppauge, NY
Supervises individual(s) typically consisting of support level employees. Provides day-to-day work direction for direct report(s), focuses on maintaining steady workflow and productivity and resolving operational decisions. Provides input on hiring, firing, promotion, performance and/or compensation decisions for direct report(s). Reports to Senior Quality Manager.
- Supervise Incoming, In-Process, and Final inspectors.
- Manage inspector’s day to day operations
- Establish / Improve work flow to maintain minimum backlog and turn time thru the work center
- Ensure compliance to company and customer requirements.
- Review nonconformance reports generated by inspectors prior to submittal to QE’s.
- Schedule and coordinate customer source inspections.
- Working knowledge of mechanical blueprints & tolerances.
- Familiar with industry standards such as Mil Specs, IPC-A-610.
- Knowledge of AS9102 requirements for First Article inspections
- Previous experience working in an AS9100 environment.
- Usage of mechanical measurement tools.
- Interface with Production to determine priorities
- Train reports on inspection and measurement methods
- Assist with inspections as required
- Maintain accurate records using the supplied software systems, Pass/Fail, Non-Conformance, Material review
- Review customer complaints for inspection escapes and determine RCCA to eliminate.
- Understands basic supervisory approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, and process execution.
- Supervises lower level professionals or supervisors and/or higher level support.
- Communicates with parties inside and outside of own department to explain and interpret policies, practices, and procedures.
- Makes improvements to processes, systems, and solutions.
- Plans and establishes operational objectives for a team with moderate impact on department results.
- Understands basic management approaches and has proficient knowledge of job area.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree with a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.