L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Material Analyst
Job Code: AS20202001-39299
Job Location: Hauppauge, NY
- Responsible for scheduling and ordering materials and parts.
- Provides suppliers with forecast of requirements using shop capacity, rate, and supplier performance.
- Monitors and reports shop and supplier adherence to schedule.
- Recommends inventory management strategies and develops plans for implantation.
- Identifies and reports problems with the inventory management processes.
- Commits to routine scheduling revisions made in response to approved production changes.
- Participates in cross-functional teams.
- Develops, negotiates acceptance, integrates, and aligns inventory management decisions with customers and suppliers capacity and schedules.
- Generates purchase orders, negotiates lead time with suppliers, and manages schedules for timely delivery.
- Participates in cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with IT and stakeholders to implement effective tools and systems.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management.
- 2 to 4 years related experience in supply chain management-related disciplines.
- Underlying principles and processes that optimize stability throughout the supply chain.
- Configuration management, production, and inventory control processes.
- Commercial and government procurement.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required, proficiency with SQL/VBA is a strong plus.
- Develop and execute a material resource planning (MRP) plan using engineering, contract, manufacturing data.
- Integrate master schedule, shop, and supplier capacities and ordering policies.
- Company and supply chain management policies and practices.
- Use a computer and related software applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Negotiation with internal and external customers and suppliers to avoid or resolve conflict.
- Decision regarding schedules and impact on production.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Material Planner Hauppauge, New York
- Sr Spec, Supplier Quality Engineering - Machine & Fabrication Expertise Victor, New York, Ronkonkoma, New York, Rochester, New York, North Amityville, New York, New York, New York, Hauppauge, New York, New York, New York, Binghamton, New York, Albany, New York
- Procurement Sr. Associate Hauppauge, New York