Hauppauge, New YorkJob ID AS20211103-57947
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Engineering Technician
Job ID: AS20211103-57947
Job Location: Hauppauge, NY
The Engineering technician supports manufacturing in the testing and troubleshooting of medium to highly complex microwave modules. The candidate would have good knowledge of microwave measurements, and familiarity with using Network and Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters, Oscilloscopes, RF Sources and other equipment used in the testing of microwave components and modules.
This is a hands on position that requires a strong ability to work as an individual contributor as well as part of a team to perform microwave electronics testing and troubleshoot complex microwave modules and subsystems. The candidate must have good hand-eye coordination for work under a microscope with small tools. The ideal candidate will have a general knowledge of electronics construction and a strong aptitude and interest in working with automated and manual test equipment as well as the communication skills required to work with engineering, management and other technicians. Communication skills are extremely important as this role includes working with engineering on product introduction as well as training/supporting operators in the group.
- Performs set-up, calibration, testing, tuning and troubleshooting of complex RF/MW circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies. Will require use of a microscope and small tools.
- Recognizes failures and set up problems and determines need for appropriate corrective action.
- Operates a variety of programmable test equipment (i.e. automatic network analyzer, scalar analyzer, oscilloscope, pulse generator, meters, power supplies, etc.)
- Works from written and verbal instructions, test specs, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Records and maintains test data.
- May assist more experienced technicians with more complex test procedures.
- May interface with Engineering to help solve design problems.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Must have thorough understanding of MW theory/measurements. Ability to work with small hand tools and use microscope.
- Clearance if required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.