Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Director, Supply Chain Management
Hauppauge, New YorkJob ID AS20212110-71405
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Director, Supply Chain Management
Job Code: AS20212110-71405
Job Location: Hauppauge, NY
The Director, Supply Chain/Material Management is responsible for strategic and operational execution of the Materials and Supply Chain organization (purchasing, planning, stock rooms, and shipping/receiving) in support of all programs within the Narda-MITEQ business unit. This includes the Materials/Supply Chain staffing for programs and pursuits, the development and implementation of strategies to meet key program performance expectations (Supply Chain related cost and schedule objectives) and the accomplishment of Materials/Supply Chain continuous improvement goals for the business unit. As the functional leader, this individual is responsible for materials and services purchased in support of operations. Additional responsibilities include leading the organization in the development and implementation of procurement, subcontract and material objectives, operating philosophies and business strategies.
This role oversees initiatives resulting in the continuous improvement of the Supply Chain through cost reduction, quality improvement and lead-time reduction. This individual is ultimately responsible for strict adherence to corporate ethics, internal controls and ensures government compliance. This position reports directly to the director of operations.
- Strategic and tactical operational execution of the supply chain and materials organization
- Supply chain staffing, development and implementation of strategies to meet key performance expectations and continuous improvement (e3) goals
- SIOP implementation to ensure effective materials management in support of business goals
- Collaborating with business development, program management and engineering to ensure early supply chain involvement in proposal and design efforts.
- Single point of accountability for supply chain to organizational leadership
- Materials and services purchased in support of operations
- Lead organization in development/implementation of the philosophy and strategy for procurement, subcontracts/material, and other supply chain related areas.
- Oversee initiatives resulting in the continuous improvement of supply chain through cost reduction, quality improvement and lead-time reduction
- Strict adherence to corporate ethics, internal controls, and ensure government compliance
- Meet supply chain business support objectives for cost, quality and on time delivery of material and services
- Create supply chain strategies to meet division AOP and SGP plans
- Achieve supply chain productivity goals
- Achieve FAR/DFAR compliant procurement processes
- Manage division spend of ~$40M annually and manage 600+ suppliers to drive year over year productivity
- Bachelor's degree in business management or a related field; advanced degree preferred (MBA a plus)
- Minimum of 15 years related experience
- Prior leadership experience operating in a government contracting environment
- Proven ability to build and develop relationships cross-functionally
- Knowledge of supply chain strategies in production and development situations across a wide variety of commodities/technologies
- Strong business acumen
- Displays high degree of ethics/integrity
- Proven experience in attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.