L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Director, Operations
Job Code: AS20202906-47147
Job Location: Hauppauge, NY
The Director of Operations will be responsible for the manufacturing, quality, facilities, EH&S, continuous improvement and supply chain at our Narda-MITEQ facility in Hauppauge, NY. This facility is a DoD government contractor with Micro-Assembly and Space Program products and requirements. In this role, you will lead 7 direct reports, ~150 indirect reports and report to the General Manager of Narda-MITEQ.
This role will be highly rewarding to those with experience serving the Microwave/RF components and subsystems, and SATCOM markets.
- Develop a world class operations organization through various staffing, training and talent management initiatives. This includes development and implementation of strategies to meet cost, quality, delivery, customer satisfaction, EHS, and continuous improvement goals.
- Directly responsible for manufacturing and test for three production lines.
- Accountable for all quality, facilities, EH&S, continuous improvement and supply chain.
- Lead, inspire and engage a diverse team of employees.
- Plan, organize, and execute against Narda-MITEQ’s goals.
- Direct, control, and be accountable for all manufacturing and test operations for the facility.
- Provide direction and support to all supervisory staff and indirect reports.
- Assist and guide with workflows, prioritization, procedures, training, support, safety, process improvement, and quality.
- Create, maintain, and report all budgets, forecasting, variances, costs, challenges, and controls to the necessary key stakeholders.
Expertise and Experience Required
- Bachelor Degree in Electronics, Engineering, Science, or Industrial Management, or similar field required. Master’s Degree in a related discipline is preferred.
- 12+ years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment. DoD/RF/MW preferred.
- 8+ years in Manufacturing Management with in-depth knowledge and understanding of manufacturing methods, production planning, procurement and subcontract management. Expertise in quality and supply chain a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and direct responsibility for the accountability of a $100M+ manufacturing budget / facility.
- Team oriented with the flexibility to schedule and meet customer demands that could potentially include working overtime during the week, weekends, and travel 10%.
- Active DoD Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one
Critical Success Factors
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Effective communication with all levels of staff / peers / managers verbally, written, and electronically
- Proven ability to identify performance issues and implement the necessary changes in a timely and effective manner
- A self-starting, hands-on, “roll-up-the-sleeves” approach combined with a confident, executive presence
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- The ability to see and apply ‘big-picture’ thinking
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.