Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Specialist. Software Engineer - Embedded (TS/SCI) ** $40,000 Sign On Bonus ***
Hanover, Maryland; Baltimore, MarylandJob ID IMS20220108-87787
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Embedded Software Engineer
Job Location: Baltimore, MD
Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, the Sr. Specialist, Embedded Software Engineer plays a key role in leading the software development for our next generation key management cyber products, to support L3Harris Cyber Solution Centers.
As a hands-on Software Engineering Team Lead, you will be responsible for managing the cost and schedule performance of one or more software engineering projects in accordance with contract requirements. You will plan, monitor, and drive a medium sized software development team through all phases of software development to achieve project milestones and deliverables.
- Creation and performance management of the software development plan, and estimation of future performance.
- Responsible for managing and reporting this progress information to Engineering Management to inform and solicit help to keep the program on track and to look for opportunities to exceed expectations wherever possible.
- Responsibility to project stakeholders for delivering a software project’s objectives within scope, schedule, cost, and quality
- Identifying, monitoring, and appropriately managing project Risk and Opportunities
- This is an excellent opportunity to impact software engineering programs while working closely with technical leads in software, systems, and across engineering disciplines in the Secure Communications and Information Assurance (IA) domain.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 10+ years of engineering experience
- 5+ years relevant work experience as a software developer in C\C++
- 2+ years software project management experience, leading software development teams of 3 or more engineers
- Experience developing for a Real-Time Operating System (RTOS), such as Green Hills Integrity, VxWorks, or similar
- Strong leadership, organizational, and skills including risk management, project scheduling
- Present project execution status to internal leadership and external customers
- Must have TS/SCI Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience as a Control Account Manager (CAM)
- Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) planning, monitoring and reporting
- Advanced Degree in engineering technology management or business administration
- Experience with model driven software development in a tool such as IBM Rhapsody or MagicDraw/Cameo
- Experience in the Information Assurance (IA) or Cyber Security domain
- Experience with key management, cryptography and cryptographic applications, SSL/TLS, security architecture, multi-level and cross domain security solutions, and certification requirements is a plus
- Experience with project management tools such as Microsoft Project or Primavera
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile development methodologies and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Development of proposals and Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for software components
- Knowledge and experience of different contract types including Cost Plus (Incentive Fee, Award Fee and Fixed Fee), Time & Material (T&M), and Firm Fixed Price (FFP) efforts
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.