Sr Spec, Cyber Intelligence
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
This position is for an Information System Security Manager (ISSM). The ISSM is responsible for the Cybersecurity program as stipulated by various USG requirements including (but not limited to): The National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG), ICDs/DCIDs and other related documentation e.g. Baseline Technical Security Configuration Standards, DCSA Authorization and Assessment Process Manual (DAAPM), NIST & STIG Guidelines as well as customer/contract specific Cybersecurity regulations. The ISSM is responsible for the definition, implementation and maintenance of Information System Security policies, strategies, procedures and settings within the classified environment.
Components of the Cyber program include Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities (documentation preparation, system configuration/validation, certification testing, etc.), security sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, etc.), conducting internal self-inspections, audit reviews and delivering information systems security education and awareness training. This includes the development, review and monitoring of Master System Security Plans, Information System Profiles, network System Security Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, POA&Ms and related addendums/attachments. This position will also be responsible for conducting investigations related to any information systems security violation involving classified information. This position interfaces with other security disciplines (e.g. Industrial Security and Special Programs Security, etc.), System Administrators, program personnel and USG security representatives.
• Assist program personnel at offsite locations to ensure they meet USG certification requirements and are properly trained to execute the cybersecurity program effectively and maintain security compliance
• Excellent communications skills, oral and written
• Demonstrated strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Self-motivated and possesses good written, verbal, listening and presentation skills, particularly in documenting evaluation results
• Confident personality with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects
• Ability to work with people in a team environment and deal effectively with changing project priorities
• Candidate must have demonstrated professional customer service skills
• In-depth knowledge and experience with technical configuration standards relating to information system security; experience configuring Windows operating systems, experience with server systems, thin client architecture, system virtualization and other related peripherals
• Extensive knowledge and experience with certification/authorization requirements as outlined in the NISPOM, RMF, ICD 503/DCID, JSIG, NIST RMF & STIG and other USG IS/Security-related policies
• Knowledge and experience with configuration/certification and auditing/analysis of Windows, Linux, Unix systems
• Experience supporting various system configurations (Stand Alone, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, Government, and Contractor connections)
• Experience with Interconnected Security Agreements (ISA), Network Security Plans (NSP), Memorandum of Agreement/Understanding (MOA/U)
Experience in implementing Windows Active Directory Services, Group Policy, or Linux LDAP Services.
• Applied experience with Windows PowerShell and Linux Shell Scripting.
• Experience with security information and event management (SIEM) and data loss prevention (DLP) solutions.
• Experience with audit reviews such as: physical security, network and application, password administration, file access privileges, etc.
• CISSP and/or other equivalent certifications
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Active DoD Secret Clearance is required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.