Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Instructional Designer/E-Learning Developer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3HARRIS WESCAM Division
Training Courseware Developer
About L3HARRIS WESCAM
As a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies and within the Integrated Mission Systems Segment, the WESCAM division develops the most advanced optical sensor and targeting systems for global defense and military sectors, National Security, Search & Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies. From long-range covert surveillance missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, produce stabilized high-magnification electro-optical and infrared images from airborne, marine and ground based platforms, enabling our customers to see first and act first.
About the Role
Develops, organizes and delivers technical training courseware and related materials in support of customers and/or company employees. Works with customer and functional organizations to establish course content and objectives. Prepares lesson plans from engineering documentation, field service requirements or software documentation. Ensures course material reflects current product features. Follows up to determine applicability of course material.
- Responsible for technical development of Wescam Customer Service Training courseware.
- Development and maintenance of various mobile training platforms including iOS, Android and Windows
- Technical interface for the MX-Sim\MX-Emulator products.
- Development of training course material in conjunction with inputs from trainers, focus groups and Subject Matter Experts (SME)
- Integrate and maintain the eLearning and custom eLearning missions onto the MX-Sim and MX-Emulator
- Maintain, revise, update and re-developed existing eLearning content to support new product updates, graphical interfaces, revised quiz and certification support and other features.
- Develop and maintain the branding of CSG eLearning courseware including DVD labels to DVD Cases and Guide inserts.
- Deploy and maintain security software protection for the eLearning products while meeting the L-3 corporate IT security policies.
- Create and maintain training material templates to aid in rapid creation of training materials and workbooks, as well as bringing a cohesive branding guideline across all training material.
- Create and maintain animations for training courseware.
- Edit and format videos in multiple formats to be used in training courseware.
- Regularly interface internally with instructional staff, Logistics Engineering, Technical Publications, IT, Engineering and Operations and occasionally with Vendors and Customers as required
- Recommend new technology solutions for delivering training materials.
- Proficient knowledge of graphic design systems such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and the methods for creating Print-ready production pieces.
- Proficient level of programming of eLearning development systems such as Adobe Flash, Dreamweaver, and the Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Captivate.
- Proficient with VBS2 VTK for mission development as well as scripting and model design is desirable.
- Experience in development of iOS, Android and Windows mobile applications is highly desirable
- Knowledge of product technical support processes from development to troubleshooting, modifications and recommendations.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling software is desirable
- Expertise in the use of video and audio editing software.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good communication and people skills
- Proficient user of MS Office products
- Meets the requirements of the Controlled Goods Registration Program and is eligible for a Canadian government security clearance
Desired Education and Experiences
- Degree in a related program of study and minimum 2 years’ relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years in a similar courseware design role.
- Knowledge of adult training principles, concepts and instructional methods would be an asset.
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS) is preferred
- A technical background (electro-optical, mechanical, electronics) would be beneficial.
- Experience in a PC based environment.
About L3Harris Technologies
In July 2019 – L3 Technologies and Harris Corp merged to become L3Harris Technologies, becoming an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains.
Our customers perform on the world’s most challenging front lines. They trust us to keep them prepared for what’s next. We combine speed, innovation and flawless execution to give people confidence and security in the world ahead.
As we relentlessly pursue new ideas, we know that everything we bring to market must deliver, without fail, every time. The urgency of our quest is matched by our commitment to the people we serve. In a world of ever accelerating change, threat environments move fast. We move forward faster, delivering industry-leading value.
Organized into four segments – Integrated Mission Systems, Communications Systems, Space & Airborne Systems and Aviation Systems – L3Harris Technologies employs over 50,000 people worldwide in over 130 countries with annual revenues approximately $17 billion.
To learn more, visit https://www.l3harris.com/capabilities
Our work environment is both challenging and dynamic – our physical environment is state of the art. Here’s what you can expect as an L3Harris WESCAM employee
- Brand new, custom-built 330,000 sq ft Engineering and Production facility atop the Waterdown escarpment in Hamilton
- Close to hiking paths along the Bruce trail
- Every other Friday off (paid – with our rare 9/80 work schedule)
- 18000 sq ft subsidized Café including 12 mini- Café areas throughout the complex
- Free10,000 sq ft on-site gym
- Free wellness programs
- Free fruit, bagels and coffee
- Remote/hybrid work options, hoteling stations providing flexibility and multiple work options
- Wellness rooms – first aid, prayer, mother’s room and quiet zones
- Work/Life balance
- Real opportunities for growth and development
- A diverse and inclusive working culture
- Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to protecting people’s lives
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3Harris WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin your career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.