Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Engineering Designer - Software Test
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. and Canada employees, effective October 24, 2022.
Test Engineering Designer - Software
L3HARRIS WESCAM Division
About L3HARRIS WESCAM
As a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies and within the Integrated Mission Systems Segment, the WESCAM division develops the most advanced optical sensor and targeting systems for global defense and military sectors, National Security, Search & Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies. From long-range covert surveillance missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, produce stabilized high-magnification electro1-optical and infrared images from airborne, marine and ground based platforms, enabling our customers to see first and act first.
About the Role
The successful candidate will be a member our L3Harris Operations Test Engineering Software Team, you will provide test automation software to our production floor and vendors for testing circuit cards, assemblies and top level product with many opportunities to develop to develop your skills as a Test Engineer/Designer.
We are looking for a skilled software developer who is passionate about coding, comfortable working in a team environment and embraces the opportunity to connect with customers to define and shape our solutions.
You will be expected to follow best practices/ standards and will have a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Apply object oriented design (OOD) principles to deliver design and development work using .NET Core / MVC / C# / WPF / XAML.
- Develop SQL queries, stored procedures, views and triggers.
- Perform code reviews, debug and validation testing.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Interact with customers.
- Can work well and integrate within a team environment.
- Self-driven and motivated with the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong troubleshooting/debugging and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of what it takes to have a production ready solution.
- Familiarity understanding of .NET development technologies and tools (DevOps, Visual Studio, NuGet, Git).
- Familiarity understanding of C# (.NET Core, MVC, Entity Framework, LINQ)
- Familiarity understanding of coding methodologies, OOP (Object Oriented Programming), OOD (Object Oriented Design), SOA (service-oriented architecture), ETL (Extract, Transform, Load), Optimization (indexing, recursive functions, reusable code)
- Familiarity of relational database development (table and stored procedure design) using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills.
Desired Education and Experiences
- Community College or University Degree in Software / Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- 1 -5 years, Software development experience (C#, .NET Core, .NET Framework and object oriented design.
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle methodologies (Git Flow)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL relational database and stored procedure design is an asset.
- Experience with Pipelines and source control [Azure DevOps, Git, Visual Studio] is an asset.
- Experience with ERP and PLM systems is an asset.
- Experience with LabVIEW / Teststand is an asset.