Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Staff Engineer, Embedded Software
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Staff Engineer, Embedded Software
L3HARRIS WESCAM Division
About L3HARRIS WESCAM
As a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies and within the Integrated Mission Systems Segment, the WESCAM division develops the most advanced optical sensor and targeting systems for global defense and military sectors, National Security, Search & Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies. From long-range covert surveillance missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, produce stabilized high-magnification electro1-optical and infrared images from airborne, marine and ground based platforms, enabling our customers to see first and act first.
About the Role
The Staff Engineer is a key member of the each functional engineering team that provides significant depth and breadth of technical leadership while collaborating with engineering management and technical staff to drive organizational objectives. The incumbent is a recognized expert in the field of embedded Software Development with significant and proven experience in developing and applying technical expertise to new and existing product designs as well as to resolving complex issues.
He/she will support all phases of design projects that include: assimilating novel and unique ideas, reviewing, analyzing, troubleshooting and evaluating alternative technical solutions. The individual is expected to exercise sound technical judgment and clearly communicate the approach to relevant stakeholders, including Division, Sector and Segment senior leadership, in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. He/she is the subject matter expert (SME) and is a knowledge leader in design and development of his/her respective engineering field to provide technical leadership to a given project or program.
- Provide technical expertise in the design and development of new product technologies
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the respective functional engineering discipline to develop new systems, concepts or technologies
- Participate in all technical and project review meetings within their engineering discipline to identify and address cross-team obstacles
- Work with the CTO and the engineering team to determine the feasibility of implementing new ideas and technology to feed the Innovation pipeline.
- Provide input into and review of all product specifications within their engineering discipline
- Stay current with industry trends and technology in areas that impact WESCAM to influence senior leadership to accept new practices, approaches and concepts
- Promotes the culture, values and mission of L3Harris internally and externally.
- Detailed knowledge and experience with development of highly complex systems and subsystems, controllers and subassemblies
- Adanced embedded sofware engineering design practices
- Advanced experience with specification and design of complex systems
- Verification of complex systems
- Intellectual property control and management systems
- Full understanding of Product life-cycle management
- MIL/Aerospace/Design standards applicable to the WESCAM product line
- Strong business acumen, including cross-functional leadership knowledge
- All candidates must meet the requirements of the Controlled Goods Registration Program and is eligible for a Canadian government security clearance
Desired Education and Experiences
- Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Software Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 12 years’ relevant experiences that demonstrate success in the above noted Required Capabilities
About L3Harris Technologies
In July 2019 – L3 Technologies and Harris Corp merged to become L3Harris Technologies, becoming an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains.
Our customers perform on the world’s most challenging front lines. They trust us to keep them prepared for what’s next. We combine speed, innovation and flawless execution to give people confidence and security in the world ahead.
As we relentlessly pursue new ideas, we know that everything we bring to market must deliver, without fail, every time. The urgency of our quest is matched by our commitment to the people we serve. In a world of ever accelerating change, threat environments move fast. We move forward faster, delivering industry-leading value.
Organized into four segments – Integrated Mission Systems, Communications Systems, Space & Airborne Systems and Aviation Systems – L3Harris Technologies employs over 50,000 people worldwide in over 130 countries with annual revenues approximately $17 billion.
To learn more, visit https://www.l3harris.com/capabilities
Our work environment is both challenging and dynamic – our physical environment is state of the art. Here’s what you can expect as an L3Harris WESCAM employee
- Brand new, custom-built 330,000 sq ft Engineering and Production facility atop the Waterdown escarpment in Hamilton
- Close to hiking paths along the Bruce trail
- Every other Friday off (paid – with our rare 9/80 work schedule)
- 18000 sq ft subsidized Café including 12 mini- Café areas throughout the complex
- Free10,000 sq ft on-site gym
- Free wellness programs
- Free fruit, bagels and coffee
- Remote/hybrid work options, hoteling stations providing flexibility and multiple work options
- Wellness rooms – first aid, prayer, mother’s room and quiet zones
- Work/Life balance
- Real opportunities for growth and development
- A diverse and inclusive working culture
- Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to protecting people’s lives
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3Harris WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin your career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.