Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Mechanical Sub Assembly Technician - Afternoon Shift
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. and Canada employees, effective October 24, 2022.
Mechanical Sub-Assembly Technician
L3HARRIS WESCAM Division
About L3HARRIS WESCAM
As a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies and within the Integrated Mission Systems Segment, the WESCAM division develops the most advanced optical sensor and targeting systems for global defense and military sectors, National Security, Search & Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies. From long-range covert surveillance missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, produce stabilized high-magnification electro1-optical and infrared images from airborne, marine and ground based platforms, enabling our customers to see first and act first.
- Building of Mechanical sub-assemblies
- Assemble kits into finished assemblies
- Following MAP (Manufacturing Assembly Procedures) to build assemblies
- Following Mechanical drawings to aid in assembly
- Generate Non-conformance reports and problem reports to help improve assemblies and their reliability
- Application of military grade silicone to protect sensitive optical components
- Bonding components in place with the use of jigs and test fixtures
- Manage chemical inventory and ensure chemicals are not expired and ensure new chemicals are on order
- Prioritize work to ensure business goals are met
- Communication with other shifts for a smooth transition of work flow
- Support engineering on new products and provide input on manufacturability and serviceability
- Attention to detail a must to ensure a high quality product
- Some wire routing required to ensure reliable assemblies
- Afternoon shift work required - Start time ~3:00 pm
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows, Excel, Word, etc.
- Mechanical skills –required for assembly
- Mechanical aptitude and good hand-eye coordination
- Strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and strong English communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
Desired Education and Experiences
- Community College Technician Diploma in Electronics or Mechanical desired or equivalent working experience
- 3 - 5 years experience in the Electronics/Mechanical field desired
- 1 – 2 years experience working in a chemical/prep process and manufacturing (ISO) environment an asset