Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING & DESIGN @ L3HARRIS CANADA
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. and Canada employees, effective October 24, 2022.
In addition to leading our design efforts, playing a key role in design reviews, our Mechanical Engineers frequently mentor other staff in complex design practices and development methods, as well as actively contribute to defining best practices and design objectives.
- Minimum B.Sc of Applied Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- P.Eng designation would be considered a strong asset
- Advanced knowledge of a 3D CAD system, preferably SolidWorks
- Extensive knowledge of drawing standards and mechanical design standard practices would be considered beneficial
- Extensive expertise in designing tightly packaged and complex things that require a wide cross-section of mechanical engineering knowledge.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to prepare and articulate detailed technical reports and specifications
- Ability to modify established methods and devise new approaches when faced with design obstacles.
- Leadership / mentoring skills
- Eligibility to meet the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) requirements and ability to obtain or maintain a Security Clearance up to NATO-Secret.
- Diverse design and engineering experiences
- A track-record of developing complex products from concept through to production.
- The ability understand a problem quickly, develop potential solutions and then converge on a detailed design.
- The ability to effectively and efficiently convey the intent of your design concepts and successfully cascade that idea for others to detail
- Confidence and Humility, with a respect for the diverse range of skills that others have to offer
- Open and effective communication is the only way you operate.
- While being an expert in 3D CAD, you recognize it’s merely a tool, your depth of expertise does the real work.
- You are well versed in a wide variety of manufacturing methods, but curious about new concepts and open to seeking out new solutions and experiences
- You may not be familiar with Electro-Optical or Infrared imaging systems designed for surveillance or military purposes, but with core skills you’ve acquired throughout your career, you’re confident in your ability to solve new problems.
- Every other Friday off (paid – with our rare 9/80 work schedule)
- Free on-site gym
- Free wellness programs
- Free fruit and bagels
- Subsidized cafeterias
- Beach Volleyball courts
- 26 acres of forested land with hiking and biking trails in the heart of Burlington
- Work/Life balance that is supported
- Real opportunities for growth and development
- Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to saving people’s lives