Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Manager, Environmental Health & Safety
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. and Canada employees, effective October 24, 2022.
- Participate actively with the organization’s leadership to establish policies and directions to achieve the targets and objectives within the EHS program.
- Lead and cultivate a team of EHS professionals to support actions and meet the site and company EHS goals and compliance obligations.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring company environment, health and safety (EHS) programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, provincial and local EHS regulations.
- Works with stakeholders in the organization during space planning, building expansions and/or other changes in facilities or work areas to ensure EHS requirements and regulations are met.
- Focuses on continuous improvement of EHS programs in processes, systems, and products.
- Conducts workplace surveys, safety audits and assessments. Advises management of conditions requiring corrective action.
- Provides/supports EHS briefings and training sessions as appropriate to fulfill regulatory requirements and foster a safe working environment.
- Leads EHS committees and engages all employees to take ownership of EHS.
- Use problem solving skills and risk assessments during investigations into the root cause of injuries, events, or near misses. Ensures appropriate actions are taken to correct and prevent recurrence of unsafe conditions and/or behaviors.
- Supports pollution prevention and sustainability project identification and execution.
- Uses common EHS tools and platforms (Gensuite) to meet corporate reporting requirements and enhance employee engagement and commitment.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Flexible to support off-shift or weekend activities and response measures, when needed.
- Clearance preferred
- EHS-related professional accreditations
- Experience in Canada and Ontario EHS regulatory requirements
- Strong root cause analysis skills
- Experience using and leveraging EHS common tools and systems, such as Gensuite
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal, problem-solving, and analysis skills
- Exhibits sound judgment and professionalism in all situations
- Self-directed, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assess priorities effectively
- Requires both advanced business knowledge and highest level of technical mastery in functional area.
- Leadership capability to guide teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 9 years of prior related experience.
- Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Strong technical understanding of occupational health and safety and environmental regulations and practices.
- Experience developing and authoring risk assessments, policies, and training programs.
Brand new, custom-built 330,000 sq ft Engineering and Production facility atop the Waterdown escarpment in Hamilton
Close to hiking paths along the Bruce trail
Every other Friday off (paid – with our rare 9/80 work schedule)
18000 sq ft subsidized Café including 12 mini- Café areas throughout the complex
Free10,000 sq ft on-site gym
Free wellness programs
Free fruit, bagels and coffee
Remote/hybrid work options, hoteling stations providing flexibility and multiple work options
Wellness rooms – first aid, prayer, mother’s room and quiet zones
Real opportunities for growth and development
A diverse and inclusive working culture
Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to protecting people’s lives